We (parents, husband and I) have planned a trip to Srinagar, India from December 28 2013 to January 1, 2013. We are from Manila, Philippines. I would appreciate advise on what to expect activity-wise during this time, as I have been hearing conflicting reports of what is viable due to the weather. Our itinerary is as follows:
28Dec (mid-day) arrive in Srinagar - drive to Gulmarg (stay 2 nights)
30Dec drive to Phalgam and spend the day there. Head back to Srinagar and spend 30Dec and 31Dec there. Fly to Delhi on 1Jan for the flight home.
We are booked at the Vintage Gulmarg - please advise if it is a conveniently situated hotel? Also, I'm in need of tour/hotel options for Srinagar and welcome input from everyone. I was looking at Hotel Dar Es Salam in Srinagar however I read that one should not choose a hotel near the Dal or Nageen Lake because of the smell and the hawkers. I do not know if this is true or not. Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 YAHOO @ 1~888-482-3831 Technical Support Phone Number
- 2 12 days in Cambodia January
- 3 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 4 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 5 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 6 Internet in SE Asia
- 7 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 8 6 Days in Thailand
- 9 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 10 Wat Arun
- 11 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 12 9 days in Japan in April
- 13 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 14 Question re. fees at BOM
- 15 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 16 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 17 Spa Bangkok
- 18 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 19 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 20 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 21 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 22 need your help with japan itinerary
- 23 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 24 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 25 4 DAYS in KERALA...