Day trips from Singapore to Malaysia?

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 02:42 PM
Kathy

Day trips from Singapore to Malaysia?

I am considering staying in Singapore for approximately one week, and spending part of that time doing day trips to Malaysia. I would probably be redeeming hotel points for my stay; also, I specifically want to fly to Singapore (from SFO) as it is a very good "mileage run" -- lots of air miles for very low cost; i.e., 16,888 miles roundtrip for as little as $500 to $600 on United Airlines. This will maintain my elite flyer status on UA for next year. So please don't suggest that I fly someplace else, as it would not meet this requirement.

One thing I would definitely want to do would be to fly to Kuala Lumpur for one of the day trips. I see that the regular (advance reservation) price of the round trip flight SIN-KUL is approximately $200. Can it be done cheaper?

Any other suggestions for day trips from Singapore? Thanks!

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 03:49 PM
Jim

That will be a big day trip. By the time you get through Malaysian immigration and customs and Singapore immigration and the 30+/- mile ride from the KL airport, I suspect the day will be shot. You can, of course visit JB Malaysia by bus on a day trip, but I didn't find much of a reason to go there. How about the Indonesian islands? They're easy on a day trip.