Thailand Custom Adventure Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 08:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Has anyone been on a trip with a company called SMILING ALBINO? Their website looks phenomenal and their trips are described as boutique custom adventure trips. I would feel more comfortable booking if I heard of someone else who has travelled with them before. They also do Cambodia, Vietnam, and Nepal. Thanks
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 07:05 AM

I had never heard of them, but took a look at their website. You could arrange any of these on your own - easily and for much less money. But if you prefer a group tour, that's what they do.

Companies like this are good at making experiences easily accessible to any traveler sound like something only they can arrange.

They don't say what hotels they use, that would help us determine just how much less you could do it on your own, but my guess would be that you could do it for half of their price.
Old Dec 4th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Original Poster

If you click on itinerary under each "adventure", they do mention the hotel names in most cases. I like the comraderie of a group when it is a SMALL group and in this case it says the maximum group size is 8.
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 06:21 AM

Thailand is very simple to tour on your own. In each location, if you want, you can arrange for a guide for one day or many days. Doing it this way will be much cheaper with better hotels and more flexibility. Also, you won't have to worry about whether you can hear the guide will viewing something special. There is a definite list of sights that a first time traveler could/should see. These are not a secret. Many are stunning and deciding the exact amount of time you wish to spend at each is another benefit of not doing a tour.

We will be glad to help with suggestions, both general and specific.
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 06:45 AM

i did look at thier bkk hotels and they seems to use the majestic grande which is well places and decent...