Danang/Hoi An to Nha Thrang

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:23 AM
Ruth

Danang/Hoi An to Nha Thrang

We will go to Vietnam end of next week and plan to travel from Hanoi down to the south.
I would be glad for any advice how to best cover the distance between Hoi An and NhaThrang. Is it worthwhile to make the trip by bus (organized by some traveller cafe)or should we fly from Danang? I understand that the bus-trip is very long but maybe the landscape is worth the effort??
Thanks for a reply
ruth

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:49 AM
Ursula

Ruth: I am off myself to Vietnam next week. We will fly from Hanoi to Hue after staying at the Halong Bay and then travel by train and bus down to Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta.
A colleage at work just returned today and she said the landscape was absolutely fantastic. Beautiful rice fields, etc. and fantastic vegetation.
Depends probably how much time you have available.
As for myself, I prefer travel through the country to the cities although I am looking forward to seeing especially Hanoi.
Are you in Germany?
Greetings from Ursula in Zurich.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 01:35 AM
ruth

Hi Ursula,

thanks for the information.
As most travellers seem to do we're also going to visit Halong Bay from Hanoi and than make it down to Hue by plane. Then by bus or train to Hoi An / Danang.
Since we only have 17 days in Vietnam, we will probably have to stay on the beaten path, but will decide there what we can do depending on what we like and how much time we will have left.
In any case I want to make a trip to the Mekong Delta too.
Wish you a nice trip (maybe we'll meet in one of those buses .
and yes, I am from Germany.
Regards
ruth

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 01:44 AM
Ursula

Ruth: Have a nice trip as well.
Oh, my work colleague just told me that is was already pretty warm, also in Hanoi. I will not take denim jeans or heavy clothes, just a cotton pullover with long sleeves and a light windbreaker (Windjacke).
We shall be back on May 2 only. After Vietnam, we are heading for Thailand to relax a bit from all the Vietnamese aventures.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 01:47 AM
Ursula

Ruth:
Sorry, forgot about that: my colleague was absolutely overwhelmed by the beauty of the Mekong Delta. It seems to be a real must.
Best regards
Ursula

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:17 PM
Ruth

Hello Ursula,

regarding clothes: your choice seems reasonable, I have packed the same things. A friend of mine who lives in Hanoi told me not to forget my bathing suit, since temperatures in Hanoi go up to 25 to 30°C by now (she has a Pool in her garden!!). We will stay in Bangkok first, since I will meet my travel mate there. She lives in Japan and will arrive from Tokyo. I would have liked to relax on a nice beach in Thailand too at the end of the holidays, but because we both fly via Bangkok, we decided to meet there and stay for a couple of days to visit the city and surroundings before heading to Hanoi together.
I'll start my journey on the 13th of April from Frankfurt Airport and I am beginning to develop "Reisefieber" .
Best regards, enjoy your adventure Vietnam too.
ruth