Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Craig & Jeane's 2nd India Adventure Begins (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/craig-and-jeanes-2nd-india-adventure-begins-825814/)

Craig Feb 9th, 2010 11:25 PM

Craig & Jeane's 2nd India Adventure Begins

We are now at Narita having dodged huge snow storms in the mid-west and east coast USA. I am doing this on my i-phone so no details now. After an o/n at BKK, we fly to Varanasi...

Hanuman Feb 10th, 2010 12:49 AM

Welcome back to Asia! Hope you and Jeane will have a fabulous time in India.

C U soon.

Smeagol Feb 10th, 2010 12:55 AM

Have a super time , look forward to seeing you both on the 23rd.

Gpanda Feb 10th, 2010 02:27 AM

Timely as always. Pitchers and catchers will report while you're gone.

simpsonc510 Feb 10th, 2010 04:25 AM

I was wondering about you two... hoping you managed to slip away in between storms! Good for you!

Have a great time.

Carol

thursdaysd Feb 10th, 2010 05:47 AM

Glad you made it out! Have fun.

magical Feb 10th, 2010 06:21 AM

Have a fabulous time in India.

rhkkmk Feb 10th, 2010 07:38 AM

we too wondered if you made it out ok... have fun... don't come home with any dollars

indianapearl Feb 10th, 2010 02:16 PM

Knee deep in snow in Indiana (but it could be worse). Wish I were with you . .

Gpanda Feb 10th, 2010 02:46 PM

Don't know about Hartford, but the big snow scare in Boston amounted to nothing. The state government closed down and we don't even have an inch accumulation. Chicken Little mentality.

Would you mind buying a 14 X 10 rug for us while you're in India? It would help a lot.

hawaiiantraveler Feb 10th, 2010 03:58 PM

14 x 10 rug,lol

Have a fabulous time you two! Can't wait to hear all the details.

You are going to have to stop in Tokyo for a few days instead of always just transiting through sometime in the near future.....that's what hooked us.

Aloha!

Craig Feb 10th, 2010 04:52 PM

Currently at Bangkok Airport Novotel - 4 star at best but easy to get to. Lines at immigration moved fairly quickly and we were at the hotel by 12:15 AM after arriving about an hour earlier. All of our bags arrived as well (hooray!)

HT - some day we will spend more time in Japan.

Pook, Nicki - looking forward to seeing you on our return to Bangkok.

Andy - Hartford got very little snow but Washington DC got socked. The airport was like a ghost town when we were there - tons of canceled flights at Dulles due to closure of O'Hare.

Everyone else - thanks for checking in!

Femi Feb 10th, 2010 04:55 PM

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Marija Feb 10th, 2010 05:39 PM

Glad you made it to Bangkok. I don't think O'Hare was closed yesterday. I checked and all the flights to Narita took off, though the noonish flight was delayed a couple of hours.

marya_ Feb 10th, 2010 06:31 PM

Looking forward to hearing more about your onward journey. Enjoy!

Kathie Feb 10th, 2010 06:37 PM

Hi, Craig, I'm looking forward to heqaring all about it, as your destinations are high on our list. BTW, we've been revising our travel plans while we'er relaxing on Kauai, so stay tuned for the new India plan...

rhkkmk Feb 10th, 2010 06:37 PM

tell jeane all is well at the office... i pulled two teeth today w/o any drugs.....

i am substituting plaster of paris for gold on all inlways and the prifit margin has gone throgh the roof... i may have the building paid off before you get home...

don't worry your patients love me

rhkkmk Feb 10th, 2010 09:43 PM

that would be 'profit margin'

Mohammed Feb 10th, 2010 09:46 PM

Hi Craig it's great to hear that your visiting our neck of the woods again albeit across the Palk Straits, hope you have a great trip and will look forward to your report and pics.

Oooh it must be nice to get out of the "icebox"...!

Nywoman Feb 11th, 2010 09:35 AM

Enjoy your trip