Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Could you please tell me about a Sargeant Someone (tour guide) in Chaing Mai??

Jul 25th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

A few weeks ago I was searching on this forum and found reccomendations for a Sargeant Someone that was reccomended as a great tour guide in Chaing Mai. I wrote it down and have misplaced it. Please help me find this person again.
If anyone has any other suggestions for tour guides or tours out of Chaing Mai I am interested. Just 2 or 3 day tours. Thanks,April
Jul 25th, 2005, 11:53 AM

Sergeant Kai at ChiangMaitours.com. He's great as is Nooy, the guide we used. Very responsive to E-mails and customizing tours. My son and his wife are going on a 3 day trek with him in decenber.
Jul 25th, 2005, 05:06 PM

We booked a day trek with them last year, the only thing was I presume he didn't have enough people to fill it and without saying anything he transferred our booking to another tour company. Initially we were disappointed with the trek but it got better and we had a good day. Just confirm that he will be your guide to avoid this happening to you.
Jul 25th, 2005, 07:42 PM

poon, who is ratt's sister, also is well regarded here on this board...you can contact her through ratt...do a search for rat (ratt)...
Jul 26th, 2005, 05:13 AM

We were not thrilled with our tour arranged through him last year. Although the driver/guide he sent us was nice, he was in a very old car that could barely make it up the hills to Doi Inthanon. I was not happy with the elephant camp that we were taken to, it appeared to be a slapdash operation and I was concerned about the treatment of the animals. We were also supposed to visit a hill tribe but it was not included.
Aug 1st, 2005, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your info. I'm sure I will have 101 more questions as I plan this trip. I wanted to go in April but now I am leanin to waiting till next winter. Oh well, half the fun is the planning. Thanks again, April
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:23 PM

We had one of our most wonderful tours -- ever -- with Sergeant Kai and Nooy. I couldn't recommend them more highly. My husband and I were with them for a week, traveling in a lovely van through Chiang Mai, the Golden Triangle and Chiang Rai. Hotels, meals, etc. were all great. We wanted to see hill tribes mostly, and fewer temples and less shopping. They accommodated us in every way.