cotton house and monet il sarto

Jan 30th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

cotton house and monet il sarto

I have a few questions concerning tailors in BKK. I have read many posts about different places. We are staying at the Peninsula for two nights on the front end of our trip and Majestic Grande for two days on the back end of our trip.

I need a few things made for myself and Cotton House says like it fits the bill for me. Is it fairly convenient to the Peninsula? Does anyone have a website?

As for monet il sarto for my husband, is it also a good location? We went to James Fashion last year and had a good experience. Bob- I know you really recommend this guy. Will he come to our hotel room for fittings? I looked at Jessie and Victor's, but they seemed a bit pricey and far away from our location. Can anyone compare the two? Will they come to us for fittings?

Also, my brother in law wants a suit and a few shirts. Is this risky to get it for him without him being there? He will get all the measurements etc.

Thanks!
Jan 30th, 2006, 12:21 PM

DO NOT try to get clothing made for someone who isn't there. There is no way to get a custom fit.
Jan 30th, 2006, 12:38 PM

Cotton House is convenient to Peninsula -- it's across the river at Oriental Plaza. However, you will have to go there from the Majestic Grande for a final fitting when you return. It's less convenient to that hotel.
Jan 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM

cotton house is a boat ride away as gloria says...5 minutes tops from penn...

do not get anything for your brother in law...chances are something will be dramatically wrong...

jack will come to your room after your initial trip to his shop at the marriott....his products are not as good as victor's i would suspect...you get what you pay for but jack is good and reasonable...he is also a nice guy.. tell him bob kimball sent you...i speak with him from time to time via e mail just to keep in touch..
Jan 31st, 2006, 05:12 AM

Does the Cotton House do men's clothing as well?? If not, is there another tailor of similar quality in the area (close to the Penn)??? Thanks... Ken
Jan 31st, 2006, 06:08 AM

There are tailors in Oriental Place that specialize in men's clothing. I don't know if Cotton House does men's stuff -- I've seen men there being fitted for shirts but not many.
Jan 31st, 2006, 09:17 AM

A second to Jack. We found him 'cause we bunked at the Marriott R&S and he's a 2 minute walk away in the plaza in front of the hotel.

Thought his work was very nice, he likes to have 3 fittings , scheduled these around our touring BKK and squeezed them into 4 days including Saturday and Sunday.

He is very inexpensive. About 13000 BAHT for 2 cheong sams (fittings are critical for these), 1 suit (female), 2 custom vests. All in silk.
Jan 31st, 2006, 07:57 PM

cotton house will do mens shirts i know...doubt if they do regular tailoring however
Apr 3rd, 2013, 07:31 PM

i withdraw my endorsement for monet il sarto after recent press
Apr 4th, 2013, 12:14 PM

Bob did you ever get that bathrobe from Jack straightened out during this last trip?

Aloha!
Apr 4th, 2013, 07:30 PM

still a mystery... all very odd..