costa cruises itinerary change?$#@

Sep 4th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Original Poster

costa cruises itinerary change?$#@

Hi all,
I am booked to do a cruise with costa cruises from hong kong in February which was supposed to call into Sanya (china) and Halong Bay - on trying to book some shore excursions I find they have changed the itinerary to two unheard of ports in Taiwan. On emailing them they replied they considered Taiwan the new hot spot and would be going there....... One of the reasons we booked this cruise was because of the ports of call, particularly Halong Bay...... I think they have a bloody hide.... In their reply they said that all travel agents in the Pacific region had been notified (I am in Australia) but on calling my travel agent, no one had heard about this. We are really pissed off!!!

Where do we stand in getting our money back on cancelling this cruise - it has left a sour taste. I am sure other passengers don't know of this change, I only found out by accident after going on the website. My travel agent said they have done this before. Con everyone in with an interesting cruise itinary and then change the ports.... It's not what we paid for...

Anyone else had problems with them? Regards, Jenny
Sep 4th, 2009, 08:16 PM

You might want to post this on the cruise section of this board (see "change forum" at top left), and/or cruisecritic.com.

Search this Thread