Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Cooking School at Four Seasons Chaing Mai?

Cooking School at Four Seasons Chaing Mai?

Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Cooking School at Four Seasons Chaing Mai?

I'm trying to find out if anyone has done the cooking school classes at the Four Seasons resort outside Chaing Mai and has an opinion about them. ????? I'd like to do a class on Thai food somewhere in my travels, and the FS promotes their program and it sounds like fun. Thanks for any info!
Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:01 PM

Are you staying at the Four Seasons? They are located out of town, so if you aren't staying there it's not very convenient and the class at the Four Seasons is quite pricey. There are a number of good cooking schools in Chiang Mai.
Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM

I haven't done that one, but i did the Chiang Mai Thai cookery school one (at the owners house in an open air sala) and it was FANTASTIC. It was the main reason we went to Chiang mai and really really enjoyed it. They do it at 2 locations in the town and at Sompons house (beautiful location) If your not staying at the FS and aren't totally sold on that one i would wholeheartedly recommend the one i did. Check out the web www.thaicookeryschool.com
Sep 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM

In Chiang Mai, I highly recommend the Baan Hongnual Cookery School. Their teacher/chef is superb. I learned to cook Pad Thai, Thai Pork Green Curry, spring rolls and hot and sour prawn soup. This all takes place in a shaded outdoor kitchen/classroom over gas stoves. They give you a cookbook at the end, with any leftovers you haven't eaten as they drive you back. Have fun.

Tel (66) 053-423335
[email protected]

Search this Thread