Confused - how to dress

Mar 1st, 2013, 11:29 PM
Original Poster

Confused - how to dress

A friend - a lady in her fifties - is due to travel to Hong Kong next week then to Canton then to Taiwan and back to Hong Kong. In all a 12 day trip. She has looked at the advance weather forecasts and checked with friends who have travelled before during this period and has received conflicting accounts. Her conclusion is that the weather can be extremely variable.

What is considered the most reliable weather report site and what should she consider packing?
Mar 2nd, 2013, 03:08 AM

The weather here is crazy these days. While a couple days ago its 24C and wearing short sleeves, today its 13-16C where its windy,rainy and very cool.
next week is expected to be in the 20+ again
goto HK Observatory and you should be able to get a pretty accurate forecast. Bring a light wind jacket anyways.
Have Fun!
Mar 2nd, 2013, 05:30 AM

One word...layers. A top,sweater , and jacket. Maybe cotton pants. They can be cool or, warm and quick drying if they get wet , unlike jeans. Closed toe shoes. You're good to go.
Apr 1st, 2013, 06:03 AM

Also note - even if it warm outside I thought the restaurants were absolutely freezing with the AC. I brought a sweater with me on the very hottest of days!
Apr 1st, 2013, 06:04 AM

I am speaking of the HOng KOng Restaurants.