Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > compass tours comes through when needed !!!!!

compass tours comes through when needed !!!!!

Sep 9th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

compass tours comes through when needed !!!!!

I thought i'd mention a good deed since sometimes the small things go unnoticed . I booked a trip with compass tours for Rajastan. When i was in Jaisalmer i purchased a couple of statues worth about 1800 $ After driving with the items for a few days with my driver it was time to ship them home since i would be on a lot of planes for the last leg of the trip, So thats what i did. Come to find out they where stopped at customs because they thought they where made of bone ( the shopkeeper was unsure of what kind but thinks it was camel when he sold them to me) . Im still going to find out what type one of these days. When i arrived at the Delhi airport my guide at the time worked frantically to figure out where the statues were. He finally found out they where with customs and that i could pick them up the following day . Too late , my flight left in 2 hours. While waiting for my plane all of my relaxation slowly began to leave my body. I immediately contacted Sanjay from compass. He knew what had happened. He assured me he would look into it. After 8 months of going back and forth with collecting , transfering etc , etc, they finally have arrived into my arms. This short story is just to let people know when good things happen and for those like Sanjay who had taken a personal interest in getting the items to me. I also want to thank the young guide who did all he could before i got to the airport. Thanks again Compass for your help.
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM

Thanks, Stephen, for a good news story about a travel agency.
Sep 9th, 2008, 08:12 PM

compass had some bad press here recently so it is again nice to see that they came through for a fodorite....

what did all the extras with the shipping cost you?

Search this Thread