combined Suica and N'Ex pass

Mar 16th, 2018, 02:30 AM
Original Poster

combined Suica and N'Ex pass

Is it still possible to buy this combined pass? If so, can you buy it at home before travelling to Japan?
Mar 16th, 2018, 01:06 PM

Check Japan-guide.com - this indicates it died about 4 years ago. Also check JR East's website. A quick googling only came up with "no."

It didn't crop up when we went 1.5 years ago. When we first went in '08, it gave a round trip on the NEx plus something like 1500/2000Y in Suica money for less than two one-way NEx trips.
Mar 17th, 2018, 01:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response. Pity about that. If I buy a Suica Card here it will be loaded with 1500yen. Wed be lucky to get to our destination in Tokyo for that I suspect. So well have to buy the train ticket or top up at the airport. This does away with the advantage of arriving in Narita already armed with the card. What did you do in this regard?
Mar 21st, 2018, 02:09 PM

Sorry, didn't see your post.

Last time we came into Tokyo we stayed by Ueno, so we didn't take the N'Ex, we took the Keisei Skyliner. If you're staying on that side of the city (Ueno, Asakusa, Akihabara), you can take that. On the return we left out of Haneda, so we just took the express monorail.

I think you can buy N'Ex RT passes from the US. But all NEX seats are now reserved, so you may have to pick a departure - check on that.

No the 1500Y won't get you to Tokyo from Narita.
Mar 21st, 2018, 11:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Big Russ. We think we may actually end up taking the limousine bus from Narita and we are also flying out of Haneda and will take the monorail.

Search this Thread