I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 in the hope of monetary value
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 4 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 5 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 8 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 9 Vientiane to LP December
- 10 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 11 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 12 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 13 5 days in Singapore
- 14 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 15 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 16 Shanghai in January
- 17 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 18 Myanmar tour companies
- 19 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 20 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 21 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 22 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 23 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?
- 24 We did it! -4 weeks of independent travel in China - a detailed report
- 25 look for resort suggestions for Phuket and/or Ko Samui areas