Clothing in Hong Kong vs Thailand

Feb 28th, 2000, 11:52 AM
Linda Ferrie

Clothing in Hong Kong vs Thailand

First time trip to Hong Kong, Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Which would have the better quality and prices for clothing.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Feb 28th, 2000, 01:24 PM
lynn

Hi Linda -

We've bought clothes in both places and my husband had a suit made in BKK. From what we could tell, BKK is definitely cheaper overall. HK, however, is very "hip" when it comes to styles. They are very western in many ways. HK would probably be better quality but it would also be quite a bit more expensive. Much of it depends on what you want to buy.

We just spent 10 days in BKK 3 months ago and have been to HK on 2 separate 1 week trips. Not been to Chaing Mai yet. That's on our next trip this coming November.

If you have any quesitons, please feel free to email me. I have my HK and BKK maps and trip notes handy.

Feb 28th, 2000, 03:16 PM
Linda

Great, thanks Lynn for the information. This is helpful. As I haven't been to Asia before you always wonder which is best.

Linda

Feb 28th, 2000, 03:19 PM
Linda

Great, thanks Lynn for the information. This is helpful. As I haven't been to Asia before you always wonder which is best.

Linda

Feb 28th, 2000, 06:05 PM
Brad

My wife and I are also going to BKK and am looking forward to the visit. Suggest U read the message on this board about Chaing Mi. Also, Lyn has been just SUPErLATIVE in providing us with very helpful information, CU.