Cicerone-Maui Restaurants

Jul 5th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Cicerone-Maui Restaurants

A few of our favorite restaurants on Maui.

In Lahina--David Pauls. Outstanding, we have been there several times in the last couple years. Our kids were there last month. Food is always good. Without wine approx $100-$150 per couple.

Still in Lahina--Pacific O on Front street. Ask for table on the beach. Again, always outstanding. A few dollars less than David Paul.

Roy's has always been very good. Roy's has been bought out but he is still the executive chef. They have restaurants not only in Hawaii but in several cities on the mainland. Same price range as the other two.

Look these up on the web to see their menus.

The Ritz Carlton at Kapalua is undergoing a major redo. If it is reopened when you are on Maui, I would suggest this hotel. Call Javier Cano, the General Manager, at 800-669-6200 for details. He and is staff will take good care of you.

Enjoy your trip.

Jul 5th, 2007, 07:07 PM

Thanks very much, that is helpful. The Ritz-Carlton will still be closed during our visit. I believe it needs the redo pretty badly, so maybe on a next visit.
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:44 PM

I have been going to Maui at least once a year to visit in-laws for 12 years now so here's my take on good food:
1) You do not want to miss Mama's Fish House which is located near Paia. It is expensive but walking from the parking lot to the restaurant you pass the most beautiful beach/bay that you can walk down to before entering the restaurant. Ask for a view table for the same reason as they light up the beach area at night. The food is wonderful too.

2)I think both restaurants recommended by MSheinberg are good but they are in Lahaina which is a bit honky tonk. Some find the Hawaiian honky tonk charming, others expect something different.

3) Spagos in the Four Seasons restaurant in Wailea is fantastic. Great food and service. Ask for a table on the lanai or at least on the edge by the lanai for a pleasant view.

4) Roys is always good. I prefer the one up by Kahana. It has charming atmosphere. The one in Kihei is a very simple almost diner atmosphere.

5) The best restaurants are in Wailea generally where there are tons of nice hotels. You can skip most of the restaurants in Kaanapali for great dining. They are all fine but not exceptional...
6) Also worth trying but a drive is the HaliiMaile General Store. It's above Paia towards Makawao. Neat place. Tasty food.

7) Don't know where you are staying but there are several little Vietnamese restaurants in Wailuku. Very simple local restaurants but yummy. Not worth driving too but if you are near... Very inexpensive.

8)For some reason, at the Outback in Kiheii, everything tastes better than at any other Outback I have ever been too. Maybe just a Maui thing as not even as good in Oahu.

What type of food do you want. I can think more on it.

Search this Thread