Christmas / NYEve in Thailand

Dec 29th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Christmas / NYEve in Thailand

Our adult daughter and husband are going to Thailand for 2 years - we are thinking of visiting them next year around Christmas time / New Years. Is travel as busy / higher priced there as it is here around that time of year. Ideally we would like to stay in Bangkok for a bit then go to a beach location but if we head to a beach around New Years will it be super crowded and higher priced?
Dec 29th, 2013, 12:23 PM

over the holidays hotels can be quite expensive, but booking early, like now, often can save you $$... low season, like May, also might find prices lower.. I would book now res that can be cancelled later..

I just booked my beach res for oct. at 50% of the price it is 1 week later (today).
Dec 29th, 2013, 06:28 PM

December January weather is by far the best. Yes, prices are higher. Start looking early and use hotel points if you are aember of any programs.
Dec 29th, 2013, 06:53 PM

Yes, the Xmas/New Year time is the most expensive time of the year to travel to Thailand. Making reservations early can help, or going in early December or in November will get you better prices as well or going the second half of January.

Search this Thread