Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Choosing The Perfect Beach (Thai Honey Moon)
Notices

Choosing The Perfect Beach (Thai Honey Moon)

Jun 23rd, 2015, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Choosing The Perfect Beach (Thai Honey Moon)

My wife and I are going to Thailand for our honey moon this coming August. We are trying to choose a beach destination for the last 5 nights of our trip. We have no preference in the hotel, although not something crazy expensive...

My question is not so much about the hotel properties as it is about the beaches themselves.

We are looking for a location with the "best of all worlds"... something relaxing, scenic, with biking/hiking options, day trip options, not over-run by tourists, but not completely deserted/off the beaten path.

I greatly appreciate your feedback and suggestions. If there is a place on the web that you suggest I visit, that would be appreciated as well. Thank you.
Jun 23rd, 2015, 12:50 PM

In August, you want a place on the Gulf of Thailand unless you are looking for a place to stay inside and watch the storms blow through. In that case, I'd recommend a place on the Andaman Sea. There are some fabulous resorts that will have great prices in August.

So assuming you want sun and swimming, you want something in the Koh Samui area.

I don't know what you have in mind when you want day trip options. On Ko Samui, day trips would be to other beaches.

You might check out www.travelfish.org as they have a lot of info on Thai beaches.
Jun 26th, 2015, 07:40 AM

Congratulations! Ko Samui is really the best choice at this time of year because most other Thai beaches are strongly affected by the monsoon at this time of the year. This lovely tropical island paradise has beautiful beaches and options for easy excursions. It offers a huge selection of hotels in all categories, some right in the middle of the action and some a little more secluded so you should be able to find the perfect place for your ideal honeymoon getaway.

Search this Thread