ChinaSpree - China's Best Treasure October10 2009

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sister and I are set to do the China's Best treasure 14day October 10 2009...
We would like packing advice for that time of years weather.
also would enjoy recommendations for walks ,shopping or restaurants.
I love the little sidebar advice from people who have been their...
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 01:28 PM

For weather info, check each city you plan to visit on www.weatherbase.com
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 07:31 AM

Re: restaurants, etc. My wife and I took this trip in 2007. You will find that you have very little time on your own. You will be on the go from about 8am to 8pm of later. Also, all meals are planned and at times you will go directly to dinner from the day's activities without returning to the hotel first or if you do return to the hotel you may have about 30 minutes to an hour before leaving for dinner. The latter does give you an opportunity to skip the planned dinner and strike out on your own if you want.AS far as shopping about the only time you will have sufficient time to do so on your own is in Shanghai where yo do get a free day.
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds awful! Does "set to do" mean you're signed up already, or could you still consider going independently?
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM

If it's still an option, then give more consideration to doing it on your own. Lynda and I did a similar trip to China......absolute hell. Our best times were when we opted out of the organised days and did our own thing.
You will have little time for walks, shopping and restaurants if you go for this kind of group tour.
We don't normally go for group travel, but felt that China might be a step too far on our own.......we were wrong! You can definitely do a trip to China independently.
If you can......re-consider.
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 12:10 PM

I have done a tour with China Spree and I highly recommend them,We were given a number of opportunities to shop and several evenings I took a walk to the shops near our hotel.
We were kept busy, but on two occassions, two couples with our group opted out of planned activities....once to meet with friends. Independent travel is great, but I really believe that in China you will see and do more with China Spree than on your own.
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice... I believe we might opt out a few dinners since i have vendors in Bejing and Shanghi that will want to take us out. Next time on our own..right now i do not want to stress or think to hard. Luckily their are only a few people in our tour.