Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (
-   Asia (
-   -   China->Taiwan->Hong Kong - Do I Just Need a Single Entry Visa for China? (

tekwriter Jun 24th, 2010 10:46 AM

China->Taiwan->Hong Kong - Do I Just Need a Single Entry Visa for China?
Our itinerary is US to China to Taiwan, ending up in Hong Kong as our last stop before returning to the U.S. Our entry into Hong Kong won't require a Chinese visa, so a single entry Chinese visa will suffice, is that correct? I'm having a moment of panic as I'm filling out my visa application! Thanks!

Kathie Jun 24th, 2010 11:22 AM

Yes, as long as you don't re-enter China after going to Taiwan or Hong Kong, a single entry will suffice.

pikadiren Jul 4th, 2010 07:35 AM

Impossible to give simple answer if you don't give an important information, your nationality

Kathie Jul 4th, 2010 08:07 AM

uh, pikadiren, no matter what nationality you are if you are entering China (not including Hong Kong or Macau) only once, you only need a single entry visa.

pikadiren Jul 4th, 2010 07:11 PM

I understand better now. You mean your question was only about MAINLAND China (Excluding Hong Kong) and not about Taiwan. I was confused because you quoted all of them

I was thinking about the three parts of China (Mainland, HK, and Taiwan)

I thought Chinese from mainland would need a visa to Hong Kong and a visa to Taiwan, some nationalities will need three visas for each of them and so on...

Kathie Jul 4th, 2010 08:35 PM

US citizens do not need a visa for Hong Kong or Taiwan.

mike_L Jul 5th, 2010 05:33 PM

Since the prices are the same for single and multiple entries, I'd see just apply the multi-entry just in case.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:38 PM.