COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

China's Question

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

China's Question

Hi there,
Those of you been to China for a long time,what are the most unforgettable places/resorts you would recommend me? Which districts are the most interesting ?After all China is so big and I can't obviously see it all.
Thank you
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 05:53 AM

While in China, the city of Hangzhou, in Zhejiang provence is not to be missed. You will find the most beautiful waterfalls, rivers, and canals ever. Marco Polo said " In heaven there is paradise, on earth, there is Suzhou and Hangzhou."
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Jed

Wheh we go someplace, we want to see what most visitors see, and which are distinctive to that place.

We went to Beijing, Xian, Tibet, Yangtze, Shanghai, Guilin, and Hong Kong. I would recommend tham all.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 07:10 AM

I loved Guilin and Hangzhou and Suzhou. Xian must be seen.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 08:02 AM

Yeah, there are reasons why most visitors start with those main sites. They are distinctive and attractive:

- Beijing for its granduer. The Forbidden City, the Great Wall. Just incomparable.

- Guilin for its small-scale natural beauty surrounding it.

- Suzhou and Hangzhou for their gardens, canals, water, etc. Not only Marco Polo likes it, but all the Chinese emperors too.

- Xian for its historical sites. The warriors, the old city walls, the temples and mosque.

- Yangtze Gorges - for its scale.

Now, after those apparent sites, the choices become more diverse. It then depends more on what you're interested in.

There are so many unique places that it's really mind boggling. The geography is way more diverse in China than in the US or any country in the world, in my opinion. And when you get to the western part of country, the culture is extremely diversed too. In the SW province of Yunnan alone, there are dozens of minority groups, for example.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 06:50 AM

guilin is a city you do not miss it out it is famed as the best scenery under heaven even when i cruise on the li river feast with my eyes on so beautiful landscape.