I'm going to China with a friend in July and welcome any feedback or information-thoughts, input, must sees, etc. Also, wanted to note as background, that I was in China a while back, and my father travels there a lot for business so I have some familiarity, and some resources there (i.e. a driver in shanghai). Here's my itinerary:
Hong Kong-2 days
Beijing- 3 days (full, arriving evening before)
Xian- 1 day (with overnight)
Shangahi-3 full days, leaving midday on the 4th day.
My current plan is to do the main sights in and around Beijing, (ie forbidden city, great wall, summer palace), and I'd like to take one of my Shanghai days and take a train to a water village, Suzhou, or Hangzhou/west lake (or another place, I'm open, and would love recommendations on this day trip).
Another concern is the weather. I know July isn't an ideal time to go, but that's what works with both of our schedules. I keep reading hot, humid, rainy. How rainy does it usually get, are we talking torrential downpour? Any information on typical weather would be much appreciated.
Looking forward to your advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 need your help with japan itinerary
- 2 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 5 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 8 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 9 Internet in SE Asia
- 10 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 11 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 12 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 13 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 14 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 15 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 16 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 17 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 18 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 19 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 20 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 21 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 22 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 23 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 24 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 25 Wat Arun