Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Anyone get the email from julie taxi today?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just got an e mail from Julie Taxi today, it was written by her son. It said that one of her drivers beat her up real bad in the office and sent her to the hospital. He even sent some pics of her in the hospital! The guy he said did it was actually our guy from last year that we loved! I will try to copy and paste the e mail later if I can. Did anyone else get this e mail? I had e mailed her a few weeks ago and never got a response.
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 02:37 PM

How terrible! I'm really sorry to hear that.
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 03:25 PM

Received 33 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the email - and was shocked at the pictures. She has a very black, very swollen left eye. And we, too, had Paul - the apparent perpetrator - as the driver when Julie took us to the floating market. Julie did nearly all the talking because he speaks so little English, but he seemed very pleasant. And yes, the email was written by her son (Jack) explaining that he would be taking care of his mother and may not be able to respond to emails expeditiously. His email said that Julie had some documents regarding Paul's cheating her and when she confronted him about it, he beat her up. Very sad. We found Julie such a friendly, vivacious woman with a wonderful sense of humor.
Karen
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 07:34 PM

Does anyone remember those strange Julie Taxi posts of a few weeks ago - someone went and topped all of them with the same message that sounded like an ad. I wonder if this could have something to do with Julie's recent terrible experience?
Old Aug 7th, 2006, 07:38 PM

petite---yes you may be right...

asian cultures can be tough
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 07:32 AM

petitpois, I wondered the same thing. If someone knew how "possessive" we are of the forum and that advertising on this board backfires, they might have posted those messages to take business away from Julie.
Old Aug 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM

Received 33 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh my gosh - I forgot all about those posts. Yes, I do wonder if they had anything to do with what happend. It's all very odd. And it makes me feel so bad - we really liked Julie a lot. You may remember my daughter (also Julie) and she hit it off fabulously. My Julie emailed her after we left Bangkok asking if she could send her some candy that she'd bought for us at the floating market if we gave her cab driver money on the way to the airport at the end of our trip. Julie sent like five bags of the candy with her driver - and called while we were enroute to tell us it was her gift to Julie. We were so touched - it was such a sweet and generous gesture. We found her to be a lovely woman.