Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Chedi Chiang Mai - within walkng distance of old city?

Chedi Chiang Mai - within walkng distance of old city?

Nov 12th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Chedi Chiang Mai - within walkng distance of old city?

Evening all!
Does anyone here have experience with the Chedi in Chiang Mai? Is it within walking distance of the old city?
Many thanks!!
Nov 12th, 2006, 05:15 PM

It's not really within convenient walking distance.
Nov 12th, 2006, 06:08 PM

I just spent 4 nights there 10/31 thru 11/4. It is right adjacent to the river and about a block to the night market. The best part was the location. We had just come from 2 weeks of luxury at the Peninsula Hong Kong and then the Oriental in Bangkok. The Chedi was simply beautiful. The design was carried throught the property and eveything designed or placed was well thought out and flowed with each other. The spa was one of the most beautiful I visited, but not the best treatments. The restaurant was one of the best for fab Indian & Thai food and we are a picky bunch. On the flip side, the service was not up to par with the other places we stayed (but those had 100+ years to get it right)! but everyone tried real hard and that was quite endearing. The rooms, although beautiful were not very logical or functional. You did have a bit of traffic noise but not too bad. Overall, location, surface beauty and good food were the +'s. I enjoyed walking to the night market and stumbling home after midnight. If I wanted a restful place, I would have gone to the Dhara Devi Oriental.

Search this Thread