Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way from Hong Kong airport to Kowloon??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2000, 02:29 AM
peter

Could anyone help me with the best way to get from the airport to Kowloon Hotels in Hong Kong. We've been quoted AU$28 each person one way on the airport bus. There must be a cheaper way!!!! <BR>Thank you.

Old Apr 6th, 2000, 04:20 PM
Louis

Peter: Take the rapid train, leaving about every 15 minutes from the arrival level of the airport. Get off at the 2nd stop - Kowloon Station, and tranfer to a free shuttle bus to go to your hotel. There are different bus routes coveriog different hotels (hopfully your hotel is covered in one of the bus routes). Fare is HK$60 (about AU$11.7) one way per person. Louis

Old Apr 6th, 2000, 08:50 PM
Deion

Peter: <BR> <BR>I was in HK last summer. Upon your arrival at the International Airport, you can catch the CityFlyer, public buses, to hotels in Kowloon. The bus ride will take approximately 45 minutes and the cost is about 3.00 - 5.00US dollars. If your hotel is within walking distance from Nanthan Rd, then i would recommend this approach. Good luck on your visit to Hong Kong. If there are any further questions i can answer for you, drop me an e-mail. Deion <BR> <BR>P.S. make sure you visit Victoria Peak and ride the Star ferry.

Old Apr 7th, 2000, 11:54 AM
Holly

The City Flyer is definitely the most convenient and cheapest way. There is a counter that sells tickets in the airport terminal. However, the counter inside closes in the evening and you'll just have to go to the ticket booth by the bus loop outside of the terminal to purchase the ticket. There are quite a few other companies to that cost a lot more. Make sure it is the City Flyer counter you are at. One way fare along Nathan Road was about $33 HKD. I was just in HK last month.

Old Apr 8th, 2000, 01:36 AM
peter

Thanks very much for the responses to my question regarding transport from Hong Kong airport to Kowloon. The City Flyer seems to be the way to go. <BR>Regards....Peter

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 12:48 AM
Tex

For what it is worth, for the shoestring backpacking budget travellers, the absolutely cheapest route is taking a bus from the airport to the Tung Chung MTR station (about HK$3) and then taking the MTR (subway) to Kowloon (probably HK$15 or less). So you get off for just US$2.40! One drawback is that you cannot have large suitcases and there will be no bellhop service. <BR> <BR>Tex <BR>www.12hk.com <BR>Hong Kong - the unofficial guide