Reload this Page >

Tahiti vs. Fiji

Search

Tahiti vs. Fiji

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2000, 04:29 PM
Steve & Kim

Tahiti vs. Fiji

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon and are trying to decide between Tahiti and Fiji. Both are pretty long flights and we want to make sure we are picking the right one to go that far for our honeymoon. Could anyone give us some sound advice?

Old May 30th, 2000, 06:40 PM
JC

In light of the political turmoil in Fiji and the fact that the U.S. govt. has issued warnings against traveling there, I would go to Tahiti.

Old May 31st, 2000, 01:41 PM
michael

Its all really dependant on your budget but overall the better solution is Tahiti unless you go to one of the very exclusive (big $$$$) islands in Fiji, <BR>Rgds <BR>Michael

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 02:53 PM
Sandy Howard

My friend is a travel agent and has just come back from a trip to Tahiti, Morea and Bora Bora. She is a very experienced traveller and though Tahiti was paradise - she really loved it but also said that Bora Bora is a MUST. If you need more info, pls contact me and I will put you onto her. <BR> <BR>Sandy

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 10:52 PM
Nancy

Are you guys scuba divers? We went to Club Med Moorea...I don't know how you feel about Club Med but this one is not the "party type" atmosphere as the Club Med Cozumel or Turks & Caicos (excellent snorkeling and wall dives!). Anyway, we had lots of fun, the islander are very friendly, the Island Jeep Tour is a must! I would stay alway from countries with political problems, you'll get stuck on the island. One of these days I would love to visit Fiji Cousteau Resort.

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 07:49 AM
Debi

I would agree with alot of the previous posters. I went to Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora last year - vacation of a lifetime! I have also heard great things about Fiji - but there are an awful lot of problems happening there, and it is not a time I would consider that as a vacation destination. You can do a search on Tahiti/etc on this forum and get tons of information on where to stay/what to do. I highly recommend it!!! It was the most romantic place I have ever seen!!!