Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   CHEAP FAIRES (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/cheap-faires-56594/)

hally Nov 12th, 1999 04:22 PM

CHEAP FAIRES

I have had amazing luck with imandi.com. I got a flight from seattle to vietnam for 800 round during the holidays.

joseph cameron Dec 8th, 1999 06:04 AM

Hally: I tried the website you mentioned and did receive three air fare prices (as promised), one or two of which seemed lower than I have been finding. Our plan next year is to go to Bangkok, then Chiang Mai, then to Saigon via Bangkok, then back to Bangkok, then home to D.C., and my wife and I are trying to find the cheapest way to do all of these legs over a 2-week period. Your approach looks excellent. After you complete final plans, can you please let me know how this service fared, and whether they lived up to expectations, and any other advice you may have for arranging flights that make sense and are priced reasonably. Thanks very much. Joseph Cameron, Washington, D.C.

Meg Dec 12th, 1999 08:44 AM

We flew to Bangkok last year from Jackson, MS for $830 round trip. I used a travel agent that I found on the web - Thai Travel & Tours in Arlington, VA. Their telephone number is 703/528-8861 and their fax is 703/528-8864. The lady that helped me is no longer there, so I don't know a name to give you. I would suggest faxing them to explain what you want and then following up with a phone call - they are all Thai and are difficult to understand on the phone. They were very helpful and got us the itinerary we wanted even though travel agents in Jackson told us that it couldn't be done. I don't remember what airline we flew to the West Coast on, but we had coach seats on Thai Air from L. A. to Bangkok with a brief and most welcome stop in Osaka to re-fuel. Thai Air was absolutely wonderful. We had our doubts about coach seats on a trip that long, but even my 6 foot plus husband was comfortable. The flight attendants are extremely friendly and attentive and the food is actually edible.

matthew Apr 8th, 2000 12:13 PM

If anyone's interested in some serious travelling you should check out www.cathay-usa.com. They sell an All Asia pass good for roundtrip airfare from San Fran to Hong Kong, then any of fifteen other airports as much as you like in a 31 day period. I haven't purchased this deal so I can't vouch.

Judith DePillars May 14th, 2000 08:46 PM

I'm am looking for an airline that will <BR>connect my Daughter in LA, and me in <BR>Hawaii, to visit Japan and Singapore.

ben Jul 2nd, 2000 01:47 AM

I bought two tickets SEA to BKK via TPE for $634.00 each, (AA and EVA). The best thing is that the flight leaves at 0350 and gets there at 1650 hrs. Much better than the usual arrival time of 0-dark-thirty. Got them from www.trip.com. <BR>Regards, Ben <BR>PS. Leaving Sep 5 and return Oct 5, 2000.

ben Jul 2nd, 2000 01:50 AM

We considered the All Asia Pass, but after reading the fine print, and the do's and don'ts, it seems very restrictive. You have to give all the dates before hand, you can't retrace, you have to fly back through HK a/p to get most places, and on and on. It may work for some, but oh boy! Ben

adoptionisfab Jan 6th, 2005 10:52 AM

any other experiences? A coworker found a great fare to Singapore but is hesitant to book it.

rhkkmk Jan 6th, 2005 06:40 PM

judith---give northwest a call they service the places you want to start from and are good in asia using japan as a hub

rkkwan Jan 6th, 2005 07:28 PM

Judith wrote her reply 4.5 years ago, and this thread started over 5.

adoptionisfab should start his own thread, and give some details, like what's the fare to Singapore, from where, and on what airline. Nobody's going to give meaningful advice without those on a 5-year old thread.

orgy7 Jan 6th, 2005 08:12 PM

northwest why on earth would you want too fly on that rout. when you can go cheeper and quicker on on EVA with a quick connection too vietnam MAYBE too quick..

LA_FadeAway Jan 8th, 2005 01:50 AM

Wow, that All Asia pass sure has gone up in price. It's $1099 now. I remember when it was $699 a few years ago!