Search

one two go airways, thailand?

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one two go airways, thailand?

I was going to book a flight from BKK to Suratthani on
one two go airways (Thai orient) ahead of my trip. Does anyone have any experience with them. If I'm right the souteast is less rainy, and this is the only airline I found heading that way.Seemed like a good deal? Is there a better way?
Old May 20th, 2006, 10:18 PM

I have just replied to your other post.
If your plan is a mix of Koh Samui, Koh Tao and Koh Phangan and you are on a budget I would suggest using Lomprayah bus/boat connection nfrom Bangkok to Koh Tao as a starter, it's aboput USD 25 one way.

This give you the routing and a map which shows things clearly, you cvan also beach hop down the coast to Chumphon using bus or train, but if you want to get to Koh Tao fast without the expense of a flight ticket to Samui then it's a good way to go:

The map shows you roughly Surat Thani and location with rtespect to Samui and Don Suk.

Using Orient Thai is to save money usualy over using bangkok Airways direct to Samui, you can get cheaper fares using the very first or very last Bangkok Airways flights, but if your plan is those islands and you want to do it for a reasonable price then Lomprayah is a good way to do it.
http://www.lomprayah.com/E/route.html

Old May 21st, 2006, 05:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks James. I am on a budget, so that bus route might be a great alternative.
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:19 AM

This shows you where their office is in BKK, the fare to Koh Tao is about USD 22 on current exchange ( THB 850 ), don't get caught by so-called VIP buses, I would either use Lomprayah or otherwise which overall is your best bet, an alternative is to use the standard express a/con buses from Bangkok's South Terminal to Chumphon and then take the boat, but you honestly won't save a dime, better to use Lomprayah.
www.lomprayah.com/E/contactus.html

Now all this is if you plan to head to Koh Tao or perhaps onwards to Koh Phangan, if heading to Samui it is still viable and the advantage is that as the Jet Cat stops at both Koh Tao and Koh Phangan before Koh Samui you would get a glimpse of those islands. So if you used this route to get to Samui it gives you that 'glance' of the other places to decide if you want to do a day trip to them from Samui.

If you can tell us a little more about how you want to spend your days, whether you want activities, diving, sightseeing or simply lazing on the beach it is a great help to give ideas. If you just want to laze on the beach but have restaurants and the chance ofr some lively evenings then perhaps Samui would suit you, let us know !
Also which month ? Then we can suggest places to stay in your budget, try beachsiam to get some ideas, but the good things about Samui is that you 'can' get some real bargain great places right on the beach !
www.beachsiam.com/koh_samui.html

We don't know how much of a budget you are on but to give you an idea, for around USD 35 you could get basic a/c room at somewhere like Seacape, that would be a room by the road but you get all the facilities, it at least serves as a starting point of what you get for your bucks, that is in busy area, Bophut is much quieter but still easy access into Chaweng for the evenings if you wish.

http://www.r24.org/beachsiam.com/sam...scape/details/

Let us know busy or quiet, and once you decide on island we can chip in with other ideas and suggestions, remember Samui is a busy tropical island geared to mass tourism, Koh Tao far quieter geared more for diving. Also depending on what you want to see and do we might even throw in some other suggestions such as Koh Chang which is s.east from BKK or some of the beaches that are just a few hours by bus from BKK and cost you under $5 to get there! Those beaches won't be as tropical island stylish as Samui but you get beach, sun, pool, activities, elepahnt rides etc, agaiun, if on a budget $4.50 fare and a few hours on an express a/c bus has a lot going for it!!
Old May 21st, 2006, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again for the advice. So this is the deal. I am traveling with a backpacker budget, and with a six year old. The islands will be the last leg of our three week trip.We will be there first week of July.I am from florida, so I am not really interested in resorts because I live next to them. I had been advised to see Koh Chang, but the rain seems torential there. I really would just love to be laid back and see some crystal water
Old May 21st, 2006, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

sorry didn't finish...I would just love to chill and maybe kayak a little. I'd love to see the mountains jetting out from the sea, but I was given the impression that those areas are not accessable this time of year? anyways hope that helps.