Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Chatrium Suites Recommendation (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/chatrium-suites-recommendation-852614/)

bryannelle Aug 1st, 2010 10:09 PM

Chatrium Suites Recommendation

Hey Folks,

I promised a while ago that I would give a report of our stay at the Chatrium Suites on the river. Well, I write this from Kata Beach, Phuket, after having completed our stay at the Chatrium 3 days ago. Our stay was absolutely splendid. It was probably the best stay I have ever had at a hotel period. What sets the Chatrium off from other establishments is their personalized customer service. We stayed only four days and most of the staff were addressing me and my newlywed wife by our names by the end of the stay. We were always greeted with smiles and "wai's" and they were never short on helpful information. Our bags were always carried, doors were always opened, and our tables and rooms were always spotlessly cleaned.

The free breakfast buffet was outstanding, as way all their food in general. After a long day out on the river, we came back for a late lunch and much of the lunch buffet had been put away. Being famished, we were content to just have what was available. But the server proceeded to order us some traditional Thai dishes on her own so that we could sample various Thai cuisines. She went above and beyond.

The rooms are large. We had a river view that was just amazing! The room was composed of sleek dark woods through the hall and kitchen and up to the bathroom. The room came with a full kitchen, which was nice, but we really didn't use. The best thing about the room, beyond the view, was the bed. It was tremendously comfortable. I also used the gym during our stay and was quite impressed with the equipment.

All in all, I couldn't recommend our stay at the Chatrium Suites any more, all for under a 100 bucks a night. The location was great for us! A very short free boat shuttle to the Sky Train and all of Bangkok and of course you have water taxi if you need them. If you do decide to stay here, make sure to make a trip to the 36th floor to check out both the city and river views! Unbelievable!

Happy travels! I'm off to enjoy island life.

Guenmai Aug 1st, 2010 10:36 PM

Glad you had a great experience and honeymoon. Happy Travels!

ekscrunchy Aug 2nd, 2010 03:54 AM

Echoing the comment above. Congratulations. The hotel sounds superb!

Kathie Aug 2nd, 2010 06:02 AM

Thanks for reporting back!

rhkkmk Aug 2nd, 2010 06:34 AM

thanks for the report...

what was the swimming pool like? was there shade?

did your unit have a full river view?

which of the 3 buildings were you in---nearest or furthest from the river....?

thanks for the info

bryannelle Aug 2nd, 2010 02:58 PM

rhkkmk,

Although we didn't use the pool, it looked beautiful. It was long like a Olympic lap pool and opened up into a half circle towards the end for people to congregate. Many people and families were using it. There was also a good sized jacuzzi. The pool was located on the 6th floor and it has a great river view, almost as if you are swimming on top of the river. On the pool deck there were many padded chairs and loungers with umbrellas providing shade. The pool also had a very nice bar.

The hotel building is the closest to the river. The other two buildings are closer to the city. This means that you have full river views if decide to purchase such a room. We could see the river in both directions, it as spectacular.

One thing I failed to mention before, located in the other buildings were a Starbucks and 7-11. This was a really nice convenience in case you needed to pick up something or needed a coffee. Hope the info helps.

rhkkmk Aug 2nd, 2010 04:03 PM

thanks for that additional info....

rhkkmk Aug 2nd, 2010 08:06 PM

i have made an inquiry about a 3 nite stay over loy krathang in november.... lets see what they respond...

ekscrunchy Aug 3rd, 2010 06:47 AM

Bob: Are my glasses fogged? Are you actually asking about a swimming pool? For swimming?

rhkkmk Aug 3rd, 2010 05:34 PM

most whales float.... i spend tons of time in the pools in SEA....its the only way to really get cool i find....

i hate lap swimmers---they belong at the Y... and those bathing caps---my mother wore one until the 90's...

rhkkmk Aug 4th, 2010 06:28 PM

i have my res and i am very pleased....we will have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit with large balconies, river facing and a seperate living room, eating area and full kitchen, so we will be able to have a front row (almost) seat for the fireworks on loy krathang (nov 21).... i remember cheryl's fabulous pics from their suite in the ROS and the night the fireworks were exploding right outside our 9th floor room at the Peninsula....

price including breakfast, tax and service is 6843 B per nite or about $213.

Kathie Aug 4th, 2010 06:43 PM

Sounds good, Bob.

rhkkmk Aug 4th, 2010 07:47 PM

kathie...please tell cheryl not to use her flash this year as it might interfere with my shots from the opposite direction...thanks

Smeagol Aug 10th, 2010 09:58 AM

wish we were ther to see Loy Kratong, i did deliberate swapping Siem Reap and Hua Hin around so i would at least be in Thaland for LK. Magical time i absolutely LOVED it in Chiang Mai.

rhkkmk Aug 10th, 2010 01:51 PM

i'm thinking this may be my new "marriott"???

live42day Aug 10th, 2010 08:42 PM

Thanks so much for the report on the Chatrium Suites Bryannelle.

I am staying in a riverview room in January for four nights upon recommendations from your earlier posts and glad that it seems I wont be disapointed either.

Smeagol Aug 10th, 2010 10:34 PM

OMG Bob did you really type that????

lcuy Aug 10th, 2010 11:47 PM

Was Cheryl flashing you??

>:-)

rhkkmk Aug 11th, 2010 05:58 AM

lcuy, go back to planning turkey

BKKTours Aug 13th, 2010 08:55 PM

The review sounds familiar to the experiences of our guests who stayed in Chatrium.

Further info about Chatrium Suites.

The hotel has always unblocked views of the river if you book a river view room. The first tower on the riverside is the only hotel building. The second tower is for serviced apartments for longer stays, in here your views can be blocked. The 3rd tower is a residential tower.

Regards,
Michiel