Notices

Changi Airport

Nov 12th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Original Poster

Changi Airport

I have about 2 hours between an Air Asia flight arriving in Changi and a Tiger Air flight also departing from Changi. Assuming I arrive on time, will that be enough time to make the connection? The reason I ask is because in Kuala Lumpur I had to go through immigration for about an hour before connecting to a flight to Bangkok from the Low Cost Carrier Terminal in KL, and was wondering if I would have to do the same in Changi.
Nov 12th, 2011, 03:49 AM

Air Asia uses Terminal 1. Tiger Air uses the budget terminal. You will need to go through immigration and customs upon arrival in Singapore as Air Asia and Tiger Ajr, as low cost carriers, do not offer transit services. You need to take a bus to the budget terminal as its not in the same set of buildings as 1,2 and 3.

Tiger Air requires check in to be completed 45 minutes prior to departure. Last time into Singapore we lined up At immigration for about 40 minutes. Time before that 15. Crapshoot.
I wouldn't be comfortable with 2 hours between like you have. If your inbound is late you'll miss the outbound connection. Immigration and terminal change will use a fair bit of time, too.
Nov 21st, 2011, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your very helpful response. I haven't booked those flights yet, just considering it. I think i will just stay overnight in Singapore

Search this Thread