Air Asia Policy

Old Jan 1st, 2014, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Air Asia Policy

Currently we have roundtrip non refundable tickets on Air Asia from BKK to Yangon. I am now looking at the possibility of flying one way from KL to Yangon instead of BKK to Yangon. I would plan to use the return portion of the original ticket to fly back to BKK from Yangon. For US airlines if you drop the outbound portion of your ticket they will cancel your return. I have looked on the Air Asia site, but can't seem to find any information on how Air Asia would handle this. I know in the past when I have tried to contact Air Asia I have had difficulty getting a response. Does anyone know how AA handles dropping the outbound portion of a trip?
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have done that on low cost airlines, didn't fly on the outbound flight, and I was able to use the ticket for the return. I am pretty sure that Air Asia was one of the airline and the other was Nok Air.
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks-very helpful.
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 09:37 AM

I would definitely look into changing the existing ticket using the Manage My Booking option at airasia dot com. Looks like you need to be signed up as a "member" which would be worth the small hassle.

I took a look at the AirAsia contract of carriage (for Air Asia operated flights) and did not see a statement that I recall seeing on the United CoC webpage where it says that no-show on one flight cancels the rest of the itinerary. But, my money is not involved here so it is possible that I missed something.
http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/about-u...onditions.page

The CoC page links to a fees page: http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/our-far...d-charges.page

For DMK-RGN it shows a change fee of THB 1100. Though your ticket is non-refundable it very well may be changeable. You might end up with a one-way ticket for RGN-DMK with a credit to use for KUL-DMK or at least to maybe pay for a Hot Seat or a pre-booked meal.
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 12:40 PM

try sending them an email
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 04:45 PM

Re mrwunrfl post - you cannot change destination for all low cost airlines in Thailand and perhaps other countries as well. You can change date if you do it soon enough. You can get some refund on things like airport tax etc but IMO it's not worth the hassle and the waiting time for the refund is over 30 days.
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 05:03 PM

I just stop by the Air Asia ticketing counter at DMK, dropping off my wife, to ask your question. The answer is YES your return flight can still be use even if you don't fly on the outbound flight. Also, NO you cannot change destination and can only change travel date as long as you do it at least 2 days before. Refund - the answer is the same as the one I posted above.