Heading to Vietnam & Cambodia later this year and am due for a new camera. (Mine is 7+ years old, was used through college and has been all over the world)
I currently have a Canon Rebel, with a 75-300 lens, 18-55 lens, and a macro lens (the cheap one... can't remember the length)
If possible I'd like to keep the lenses and just get a new base, but have heard some lenses don't transition base-to- base- is this right?
Which base would you recommend for someone who loves photography, but is not well educated with it(I play with settings, but its more luck when something turns out right). Budget I'd say is ~ $2k.
Should I get a wide angle too? People rave about 'fixed lenses' 50mm? What benefits do those have?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Falcons vs Seahawks
- 2 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 3 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 4 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 7 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 8 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 10 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 11 Wat Arun
- 12 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 13 Miyajima Island
- 14 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 15 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 16 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 17 Vientiane to LP December
- 18 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 19 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 20 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 21 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 22 5 days in Singapore
- 23 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 24 Shanghai in January
- 25 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do