Camel Safar in Rajastan

Sep 14th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Original Poster
Camel Safar in Rajastan

We would like to include a camel safari while in Rajastan, but due to trip timing, we would ideally schedule it at the time we are in Jodhpur. I have read that the best safaris are in Pushkar or Jaisalmer, but would like to find something that is suitable for our group - 3 adults, 2 kids.
We would like an overnight trip with a smaller outfit, and not a large crowd. Are we cheating ourselves of the best experience by skipping Pushkar/Jaisalmer?
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sep 16th, 2017, 12:38 AM
Try Hacra Dhani - the owner, Gemer Singh, will arrange pick up from Jodhpur - look at the reviews on TA - a decent set up.
Sep 16th, 2017, 03:26 AM
I agree with the recommendation above -- my husband and I did a 2 hour camel ride with Hacra Dhani, and was impressed by his small operation. This is a very local experience, run by Gemar Singh, who is knowledgeable and runs a small homestay and offers camel safaris in a region that is not saturated with tourism. I think it would be a wonderful experience for everyone! He is located just outside of Jodhpur, so this would be a perfect opportunity for you.

Are you "missing" something by not going to Pushkar or Jaisalmer? We are ALWAYS missing something! I haven't been to Pushkar, and did enjoy Jaisalmer, but I think the uniqueness of the above would be well worth it, and very memorable.

Search this Thread