My wife and I will be traveling to South East Asia from the USA at the end of August for roughly 16 days, including travel time. Time on the ground will likely be closer to 12.
Our trip priorities are as follows: #1 Visit Angkor Wat in Cambodia. #2 Visit Halong Bay, Vietnam.
Considering these priorities, we’re trying to make a trip that makes sense visiting both Vietnam and Cambodia on such a short schedule, and it’s becoming clear that this might be too much to pull off in a short time.
So, the questions I’d like to humbly pose to fellow internet-ers are the following:
1) Do you know of a relatively affordable and quick way to travel from “middle-coast” Vietnam (around Da Nang) to Siem Reap or Phnom Phen. This could open up a possibility along the lines of Hanoi => Da Nang => Angkor Wat, which might be doable.
2) Do you have a suggested itinerary for Cambodia centered around Angkor Wat? If we cannot do both Vietnam and Cambodia together, we will choose to just stay close around our #1 priority, which is Angkor Wat, in order to maximize vacation time and minimize travel time. Perhaps Cambodia and the nearby areas have plenty to offer, but I’m just not well aware of them.
Thanks so much in advance for any help and insight you can provide. We sincerely appreciate your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AVG 1~800~681:7208 installations Contact AVG Tec*h care
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 two health related questions
- 5 Japan escorted
- 6 Princess Cruise
- 7 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 8 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 9 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 10 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 11 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 12 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 13 Bago or Golden rock
- 14 Bangkok
- 15 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 16 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 17 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 18 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 19 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 20 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 21 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 22 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 23 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 24 Sulawesi
- 25 Racism danger in Cambodia?
Cambodia & Vietnam: A 14 day adventure that needs an itinerary