Notices

Calling all Boracay experts!

Apr 14th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Original Poster

Calling all Boracay experts!

Hello,

We are a couple in our late 40's planning a 10-12 night trip to Boracay February 2015. We are frequent travelers to both Koh Samui & Phuket, Thailand. The choices on Boracay are overwhelming... We are very interested in receiving recommendations for 3.5 - 4 star beachfront accommodations. Modern air conditioned room/good breakfast/restaurant/bar are important. Smaller/"Boutique Style" hotels are good. Ideally, we'd like to be on a good swimming beach and pay up to $150.00 USD per night.

Thank you!
Apr 25th, 2014, 12:18 PM

I am far from an expert, but I've been to Boracay once about two years ago. We stayed at Estacio Uno and liked the place and the location. I think it's in your budget range. It's a small beachfront hotel right near Willy's rock. The restaurant was good, but not the greatest. Breakfast was fine. I think the lunch and dinner options got boring so we had some meals there and sometimes went elsewhere when we felt like venturing off.

It is a long walk to the D'Mall or an easy ride, depending how you're feeling in heat.

Not that you asked, but 10 nights seems like a lot of time to spend just in Boracay. We were there for 4 days but went to other places in the Philippines.
Feb 12th, 2015, 03:03 AM

I can recommend Surf Side in station 3, it's in a nice area and has a good looking native-wood style restaurant with good right next to it named Nagisa.
Mar 8th, 2015, 08:53 PM

I like Station 1, more upmarket and has better wider beaches.

For your budget look at Nigi Nigi Too which is a great place and gets great reviews. Nice beachfront bar/restaurant with Wilys rock in front of you.I also like Diamond Beach Water Edge Resort where the ocean views are superb.

Search this Thread