I am finally making the transition from my old point-and-shoot camera, to a semi-professional DSLR style camera. I have been travelling a lot and I would like to get a nice camera that takes really good quality photos with a big zoom My point-and-shoot camera and phone camera are no longer adequate. I have found some very good deals online here in the U.S. for Nikon, Cannon and Fuji cameras (Amazon). I will visiting Tokyo for the first time later this year. Based on my research, it looks like Akihabara in Tokyo is an area filled with electronics stores. I am wondering whether I should just wait and purchase a nice camera in Tokyo. Will I get a better deal (accounting for dollar to yen exchange rate) and better quality camera in Tokyo? Will there be cameras in English that function well back in the U.S?
Will I be able to find other innovative electronics in Tokyo that I could bring back?
Any advice or suggestions will be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 2 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 3 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 4 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 5 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 8 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 9 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 10 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 11 Sulawesi
- 12 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 13 8 Days in Bali
- 14 two health related questions
- 15 Princess Cruise
- 16 Best day trip from Phuket
- 17 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 18 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 19 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 20 Kata Beach
- 21 meow?
- 22 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 23 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 24 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 25 Phuket