Loved Thailand!

Search

Loved Thailand!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loved Thailand!

We're back from 3 perfect weeks in Thailand and wanted to say thank-you to everyone who answered my questions and reassured us to go after the tsunami.
We had 8 nights in the north:
stayed at the Golden Triangle Inn in Chiang Rai and will recommend the tours with that company (2day/1night hilltribe village and 1 day to Golden Triangle) ask for Nin email [email protected]. He is great.
We rented a car in Chiang Mai and drove to Pai and spent 2 nights at the Belle Villa.
Very nice trip and stay.
Then back in Chiang Mai we spent 3 nights in Tamarind Village and enjoyed a cooking school, markets and wats.
From Chiang Mai we flew with Air Asia (terrific) to Phuket and spent 8 nights at the Kata Thani on Kata Beach. This place is paradise! We really loved the area here and took the James Bond Island sea kayak tour and a snorkelling trip, shopped, ate wonderful food in town, and worshipped the sun from a perfect spot at the resort.
The last 5 days were spent in Bangkok and we found this to be very exciting. We stayed at the Royal Orchid Sheraton and loved being on the river. The time flew and we took in markets, Grand Palace, Wat Pho (including terrific massage there, shopping, eating (favorite was Harmonique) great views (Sirroco bar) and watching life on the river.
Our holiday was so wonderful thanks to the people of Thailand! They are the most unbelievable, kind, gentle, quite, loving, fun and warm we've found. The food (markets included) was so good we miss it terribly.
To all considering a trip there -- GO.
Even though we had reservations about going we never once regretted the decision and will back for sure.
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 01:57 PM

Happy to hear you liked Thailand. Your trip sounds great. I'm jealous that you had 3 weeks. Maybe, you'll get hooked as did so many of us. More massages.
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 02:41 PM

Great report Lana! I just returned from a two week trip to Thailand. It had been three years since I had been there and I had forgotten just how much I had enjoyed visiting the Land of Smiles! I also flew on AirAsia to Phuket and also think that they are terrific! Phuket is still a great place to visit and has recovered quite well from the tsunami. I'm already looking forward to my next trip!
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 05:13 PM
P_M

Thanks for the report. Thailand is very high on my list of things to do in life. I hope to go in the next year or so.
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 05:43 PM

So glad you have a great time!
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 05:20 AM

Thanks for the nice report. So... are you hooked? Are you planning your NEXT Thailand trip yet? LOL

Glad you had such a nice time in one of my favorite destinations.
Carol
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 06:51 AM

Glad you had a great time! Happy Travels!
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 12:24 PM

It sounds like a wonderful trip! I expect you're as hooked by Thailand as so many of us here are.
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 05:43 PM

thanks for the report...
we hadnt planned on going to phuket this next trip in october but now are reconsidering to help the economy...
was the james bond island untouched by the tsunami??? could you see damage??
was the snorkeling as good as you expected?

we are in the planning stages of our trip and appreciate your info.