I am planning to go to Burma in February. I would like to visit Sankar lake instead of Inle lake.
Does anay one know if it if possible to get to Loikaw from Yangon and then sleep in the village of Sankar ? I can't find out if Loikaw is open to foreigners and if staying overnight in Sankar is allowed.
Otherwise is it possible to get to Pekon (on the South West bank of Sankar lake) from Aungban (by train), then take a boat to Nampan, then walk to Takku ?
Thank you !
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RICOH printer 1800:681:72O8 installation CONTACT RICOH Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 App or website to find place to visit/ entertain in Vietnam
- 3 5 days in Singapore
- 4 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 5 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 8 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 9 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 10 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 11 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 12 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 13 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 14 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 15 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 16 Wat Arun
- 17 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 18 Miyajima Island
- 19 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 20 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 21 Vientiane to LP December
- 22 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 23 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 24 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 25 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali