I'm planing a trip to Myanmar next February. I have noticed that some Fodor's members are going there in Feb as well. I'll arrive from Vietnam so flight isn't a problem. However, accommodation seems like a big deal because hotel prices in general are way more expensive than I expected. I'll visit the usual suspects such as Yagoon, Mandalay, Bagan, and Inle Lake. The hotels and resorts in Bagan and Inle Lake in particular are morbidly expensive as in more than $150 per night during peak seasons (even the ones I stayed at in Paris and Italy weren't that crazy ). I'm creating this thread to seek the hotel suggestions from everybody who has visited Burma before. Which hotel did you stay at in each city that didn't make your wallet bleed? Our budget (me and my friend) is under $60 per night. It would be very helpful for many of us who are about to visit the country. Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 2 Gap year in Russia
- 3 Caucaus, indepent travel or join a tour?
- 4 Hotel Recommendations: Baku, Tbilisi and Yerevan
- 5 Odessa to Georgia and Armenia, Turkey and then Greece
- 6 Castle and King or GeTS Tour
- 7 Driving to Davit Gareja
- 8 2-3 days in Georgia
- 9 2 days in Tbilisi
- 10 Georgia e-visa application
- 11 Overland from Europe to Caucasus region
- 12 Two weeks in Georgia and Armenia
- 13 Tbilisi 2 days/Day Trips 2 days from Tbilisii
- 14 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 15 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 16 Has anyone been to The Republic of Georgia?
- 17 i need some information about georgia
- 18 Georgia (country) Trip Report
- 19 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 20 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 21 Svaneti,Kakheti,Kutaisi,Shatili,Tbilisi in August 2015
- 22 First time to Vietnam. Itinerary help please
- 23 Tour & Team Building in Ho Chi Minh
- 24 Hiking in Sapa
- 25 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?