Reload this Page >

Aquarium stores in Tokyo

Search

Aquarium stores in Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 09:25 AM
DJ

Aquarium stores in Tokyo

I'll be going to Tokyo for five days in late October and I would love to check out some Aquarium stores while I'm there. I would appreciate any suggestions on which stores to see fishes and plants. I've seen some magnificent photographs of various aquarium designs done in Japan and I hope to see them in person. Thanks. <BR> <BR>DJ

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 02:18 PM
Florence

Hikaru Aquarium: 9th floor of Odakyo department store in Shinjuku station. They also have their main shop, devoted to marine aquariums, in Ueno, 4-16-6 Ikenohata. <BR> <BR>Tokyu Hands (very big DIY store) and then the Sunshine Intl aquarium in Ikebukuro Sunshine 60 complex. <BR> <BR>There's a small one with some very nice displays -Amano like- in Ginza, downstairs the building opposite the Intl Forum in Yurakucho. Sorry I don't remember the name. <BR> <BR>There are many, many more, try to buy one of the many monthly aquarium magazines, take it to the Tourist Information Center or your hotel desk and ask them to help you find one. <BR> <BR>A very good book on planted aquarium, in Japanese but with beautiful pictures, very complete nomenclature of plants with latin names and easy to understand diagrams: <BR>"Picture book of aquarium layout and water-plants", Pisces eds, ISBN 4-938780-16-X <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 10:48 AM
Florence

I found the name of the shop in Yurakucho: Penguin Village, 2-10-1 Yurakucho, downstairs the building in front of the central exit of JR Yurakucho station, on the side opposite the Forum and Sogo dept store. <BR> <BR>The two main monthly aquarium magazines are called Aqualife and Fish Magazine. <BR> <BR>I heard there's a huge shop in Shibuya that I haven't visited yet.

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 12:31 AM
DJ

Thanks Florence for the information. I look forward to checking out these places and will get back to you after my trip. <BR> <BR>DJ