We are back from a wonderful trip in Thailand and Cambodia (trip report in the next week or two). Right now we are trying to figure out the logistics of what will happen to some furniture we bought in Thailand (not "antique", and not "teak" FYI) and are shipping to our nearest port in Virginia.
Please no negative comments about cracking, etc--we've already made the purchase, are happy with it and will be reminded in years to come of our trip when we look at it. We're excited and just need some know-how from those with experience.
Right now we are scheduled for shipment to our nearest port, Richmond, VA. If we leave it like this, how large a hassle will it be for us to go pick it up ourselves once it arrives? Customs, fumigation, etc?
Door-to-door service is also quoted for us but it's really expensive! Anyone know how to get in touch with a U.S. company that would do all the pickup, etc. for us so I can get a quote from them?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BROTHER Printer 1800:681:7208 Installation CONTACT Brother Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 5 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 6 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 7 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 8 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 10 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 11 Wat Arun
- 12 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 13 Miyajima Island
- 14 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 15 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 16 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 17 Vientiane to LP December
- 18 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 19 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 20 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 21 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 22 5 days in Singapore
- 23 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 24 Shanghai in January
- 25 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
Bought furniture in Thailand: what's the procedure once it is in USA?