Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   BOSTON GTG- REMINDER (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/boston-gtg-reminder-558327/)

rhkkmk Sep 13th, 2005 07:08 PM

BOSTON GTG- REMINDER

On october 15, 2005, fodorites from across the land will be gathering at the Hotel @ MIT, 20 Sidney Street, Cambridge, MA at 12:30PM to share experiences....ALL ARE WELCOME !!!! Please notify Bob at [email protected] if you have not previously done so of your interest in attending... Some are having dinner at a Thai restaurant in Brookline, MA at 7PM (Dok Bua, 411 Harvard St, Brookline)... We have to make reservations there so we need to be advised of your intention to join us there...All are welcome of course...

Also, it would be great if attendees brought one or two items from their travels for us to ogle...we will have a display table set up for this...

ACTION NEEDED AT THIS POINT:

Please reconfirm with Bob both your attendance at the 12:30 luncheon (how many guests), and reservations for the thai dinner in Brookline (how many guests)....Both will be cash payments for what you selected, although the dinner may be a sharring experience... We will need confirmations by October 10....
Of course, last minute attendees will be welcomed as will last minute cancellations.

[email protected]

Andy and Bob (Beth and Karen are doing the actual work, of course)

JamesA Sep 13th, 2005 08:20 PM

Don't forget the camera !
We want to see everyone once they are posted somewhere.

ParrotMom Sep 14th, 2005 03:09 AM

LOL....We will be out of the country traveling in Nice that day.....lol

Guenmai Sep 14th, 2005 06:53 AM

Bob...How much is this luncheon? Happy Travels!

Gpanda Sep 14th, 2005 07:55 AM

"Sharring"? Probably more like "jarring". Cash? Lawyers don't pay cash, it's not easy to bill it to clients.

rhkkmk Sep 14th, 2005 10:02 AM

guen---i can only speak to last january prices....i think the brunch was about $17....other from the menu items were perhaps $7-14....i think a nice burger was maybe $8.95 or less...very affordable and quite good...very limited menu....salads about the same price....veggie items i believe...

Gpanda Sep 14th, 2005 11:24 AM

Guen-How could Bob know or care about the prices. No doubt, he has cut a deal to bring us "tourists" to the restaurant. He's just following the path of many Thai guides.

Guenmai Sep 14th, 2005 11:56 AM

You two are loonie! I'm going to have to cage you both...in separate cages, of course, at the GTG! Happy Travels!

Craig Sep 14th, 2005 01:14 PM

If this is like planning any other trip, half the fun is in the anticipation - I do look forward to meeting everyone. JamesA - I will bring my camera for sure and will be taking photos of everyone but Guen. Bob - have you got that seminar schedule worked out?

laurieco Sep 14th, 2005 02:57 PM

I'm bringing my camera too but I must warn everyone--Eric says I have a "talent" for getting everyone at their worst!

Guenmai Sep 14th, 2005 04:42 PM

Good,Craig...Bob will have me shielded behind a screen. Ha...Ha...Ha... Happy Travels!

rhkkmk Sep 14th, 2005 06:23 PM

hands must show however....i think we must scare people away with all this looney talk???

simpsonc510 Sep 14th, 2005 06:34 PM

You are not scaring ME away! Barring any unforeseen circumstance, I'll be there (with camera). I'm most anxious to meet this great group of (wacky) interesting people.
Carol (without the e) from Illinois

rhkkmk Sep 14th, 2005 07:26 PM

its all a front to lure people....gpanda is super boring---what would you expect for an attorney and i am just an old guy, sort of a wall flower.....

Gpanda Sep 15th, 2005 08:15 AM

While I may have elevated boring to an art form, I can assure you that Bob is not a Wall flower. A noxious weed, perhaps? Plus, the one trait of wall flowers is that they recede into the background. Trust me, there is no part of Cambridge into which Bob can blend. He's preparing the syllabus for his seminar on "Around the World in Eighty Marriotts".

rhkkmk Sep 15th, 2005 05:52 PM

some people are just mad because they are stuck in the ROS, with an e...

rhkkmk Sep 15th, 2005 07:11 PM

where is everyone...i have only heard back from a few people...???

Gpanda Sep 16th, 2005 04:57 AM

You've scared them off.

Guenmai Sep 19th, 2005 12:03 PM

simpsonc510 Sep 19th, 2005 04:14 PM

The silence on this thread is almost deafening. Where is everyone? Can we see a "show of hands" here for those who are going to gather in Boston? Count me as a "one" as I think son will not be joining me. He is talking about staying on an extra week in BKK once we get there. I'm coming home on Oct 4. He might NOT. I will let Bob know if son finally makes up his mind yes or no. He says he really is interested in coming along.......
Carol