Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   BOSTON GTG--ANNOUNCEMENT (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/boston-gtg-announcement-543433/)

rhkkmk Jul 11th, 2005 05:44 PM

BOSTON GTG--ANNOUNCEMENT

YIELDING TO PRESSURE....we have set up a GTG at the Inn @ MIT in Cambridge,MA on Saturday, October 15, 2005 at 12:30PM...

all are welcome...

i will need a count of numbers however...

same venue as last january...private room, eat from menu or from the buffet...cash, as we will only have one check which i will pay for (OK, so i want more miles)....

if you can't make it at 12ish, come later as we will be there a couple of hours...

public transportation is nearby..

garage is attached to the hotel

[email protected]

LET US HEAR FROM YOU

BOB AND ANDY (GPANDA)

hawaiiantraveler Jul 11th, 2005 05:50 PM

does the hotel have a pool ???

simpsonc510 Jul 11th, 2005 05:53 PM

I'm putting it on my calendar!
Carol

rhkkmk Jul 11th, 2005 05:59 PM

HI---not sure, but they do serve cashew and chicken

lcuy Jul 11th, 2005 09:38 PM

Darn. I'll be in Boston the first week in September. But I'll have to check when parent's weekend is for BU. Maybe I might be there....

Lyndie Jul 11th, 2005 10:04 PM

Way too far to come! Who's paying for the airfares?

laurieco Jul 12th, 2005 03:37 AM

I'll do my best to get there. I'll talk to Eric about it. We're getting home from Malaysia Oct 8th, hopefully the jet lag will be gone by then.

glorialf Jul 12th, 2005 05:13 AM

If I can find a dirt cheap hotel and flight I'll try to get there. I'd love to meet you in person.

DonTopaz Jul 12th, 2005 05:24 AM

i'll be recently returned from bangkok et al., so will look forward to it.

Gpanda Jul 12th, 2005 06:16 AM

The best part of meeting Bob is that you get to meet the long-suffering Karen. Job would have cracked long ago. There's a good chance that she doesn't actually speak English. That would explain a lot.

glorialf Jul 12th, 2005 06:20 AM

Well she does get something positive-- great trips, great food, great clothes and great jewelry. You can put up with a lot for that. :-)

rhkkmk Jul 12th, 2005 07:03 AM

hope all of you can join us...

laurie...we choose this weekend hoping that you might be able to come as i noted you would be returning the week before...come if you can...

gloria...we would love to have you of course...karen gave a chuckle with the banter from andy and you...

Gpanda Jul 12th, 2005 07:27 AM

Gloria-it would be great if you can arrange to be there. The more eyewitnesses, the wider the understanding of exactly how accurate my comments concerning Bob have been.

I note this for the record, Bob is the only person I know with six (6) initials. I wonder how many toes he has and whether this may explain the use of socks with sandals (correct spelling).

Craig Jul 12th, 2005 07:46 AM

Although I have already RSVP'd behind the scenes, let me chime in and say that I will be there. However, I am not sure whether wife Jeane can come that day. It looks like there will be great representation from the Asia board and I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I think we may have to keep Bob and Andy on opposite sides of the room though. The only thing that would potentially make this GTG more lively would be a surprise appearance by our friend (and former New Englander) Orgy.

laurieco Jul 12th, 2005 03:48 PM

I ran it by Eric today and he said he would go. I need Eric there to drive ;-) Even if we're jet lagged and giddy during the GTG, I know all of you guys (and gals) will forgive us since it seems to be a common state of being for everyone on this forum. I'll go up to Albany on Friday after work and we can drive to Cambridge Sat. morning. Eric says it's only a 3 hour drive or so.

Gloria, Carole and Kathie, I sure hope you can make it. Kathie, I'll be just back from Malaysia and will be able to give you first hand info on Borneo for your trip there.

laurieco Jul 12th, 2005 03:53 PM

Sorry Carol, I misspelled your name in the above post.

CFW Jul 12th, 2005 03:57 PM

My husband Rob & I look forward to it. Gloria, do hope you can make it --knowing you, you will find a great hotel at a good rate & flights too. But why keep GPanda & Bob on separate sides of the room -- put them together & they will provide the entertainment!
Carole

laurieco Jul 12th, 2005 04:09 PM

Good point Carole(with an e). Looking forward to meeting you along with the others.

rhkkmk Jul 12th, 2005 06:25 PM

PLENTY OF ROOM FOR MORE...

rhkkmk Jul 12th, 2005 06:47 PM

as usual i have the name slightly wrong...its Hotel @ MIT