Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Borobudur photos and post from my trip (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/borobudur-photos-and-post-from-my-trip-832021/)

Lukerb Mar 21st, 2010 12:24 PM

Borobudur photos and post from my trip

If you'd like to see some photos and read a little about Borobudur in Java, Indonesia, then I just posted on my travel blog. It was raining quite a bit there, so my shots aren't the best, but it's an amazing place if you've never seen it before. Enjoy!

Luther

www.LutherBailey.blogspot.com

LeighTravelClub Mar 21st, 2010 12:30 PM

Great trip report/blog, and wonderful photos.
Thanks.

Lukerb Mar 21st, 2010 12:58 PM

Thank you! :-)

Kathie Mar 21st, 2010 01:28 PM

Thanks for your report and photos. I loved Borobudor and want to return.

Hanuman Mar 21st, 2010 04:27 PM

Nice photos and report!

Lukerb Mar 21st, 2010 08:06 PM

Yes, Borobudur was amazing and I would have liked to have spent more time there. If the weather would have been better, I would have liked to been sitting there during sunrise or sunset. Thanks again everyone for the comments!

Luther

scheps Mar 25th, 2010 12:35 AM

Thank you very much for sharing the photos and report. Will spend more time reading as much as possible before our next trip to Indonesia. Cheers.

Lukerb Mar 25th, 2010 08:21 PM

Thanks, Scheps! :-)

StanKase Mar 26th, 2010 04:38 PM

We just returned from Central Java on 3/24 and visited Borobudor.It was very interesting and the story of the reliefs as explained by our terrific guide made it even more worthwhile. Our guide was with us for 4 days and took us into small villages where we observed in one village a group of families making tofu, in another making soy flour, in another making ceramic cookware. The villagers' were making it as they did 40-50 years ago plus planting a small patch of rice for their own consumption. The tofu for instance was sold to major 4 and 5 star hotels in the region, super markets as well as native markets. These visits where not on any guide itinerary we saw in hotel tour brochures but this guide supplied to us by Bordodurtravelandtours.com was a real native and back at the Hyatt no guests had even had an opportunity to go to such places with their guide. We also thought Dieng Plateau was one of the most scenic places we have visited as maybe more impressive than Bali that I thought was never going to be improved upon but we were wrong. We were on the go for 8-11 hours a day but it surely was worth it. I did find out that our guide and his car were a little more expensive than a few other guides from the hotel but for an extra $15-$20/day to get behind the scene, so to speak,gave us memories we may never forget.Though there are other temples to visit in the areas Borbodur is the most interesting by far.If you get a chance go there befiore it turns into a honkey tonk as parts of Bali are i.e. Ubud.