Notices

Borneo April

Feb 3rd, 2013, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Borneo April

Elderly female, in god health would like to visit Borneo in April. Do you think that this would be ok physically or would the humidity prove to be over-whelming? World traveler for thirty years interested in chimps, proboscus monkeys, birds, culture etc. Also considering Myanmar in November. Which would you choose. Using well-known tour companies.
Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:10 AM

Frankly, I wouldn't use a tour company, if by this you mean a group tour. There are plenty of excellent companies that will make all of your arrangements for you (if this is what you are looking for).

I found Malaysian Borneo less hot than Yangon, Burma. Both places are pretty humid, though some places in Burma are not and some are cooler at night. So if you can travel in the tropics, you can go either place.

As you know, Borneo and Burma are very different from each other. Let me refer you to our photos: www.marlandc.com to look at the Borneo photos and two trips of Burma photos. There are links on the first photo page for each destination to my Fodors reports. Both are wonderful destinations - it just depends on what you are looking for.
Feb 3rd, 2013, 01:17 PM

I've traveled independently in both Burma and Borneo. I liked Burma, I loved Borneo. I'm also a woman of a certain age, made all the arrangements for both places myself and found Borneo an easier place in that regard. But both are perfectly doable on your own.

Search this Thread