Notices

Borneo

May 18th, 2000, 11:01 PM
Jo

Borneo

I'm travelling to Borneo at the end of my trip and would love to know anything and everything about it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great, thanks.

May 20th, 2000, 05:41 AM
Kay

You didn't say what part of Borneo that you was traveling to on your trip. We flew from Kuching to Labuan, took a ferry from Labuan to Brunei, hired a taxi to get from Brunei to Miri. We spent a few days at the beautiful Rihga
Royal Miri hotel then flew to Mulu where we stayed at the Royal Mulu Resort for 3 nights. The plane only allows you to take 22 lbs of luggage so be prepared in advance if you take this trip.The caves there were quite interesting and the last evening we were there it didn't rain so we were able to see thousands of bats coming out for the night. We flew back to Miri, changed planes and flew back to Kuching.There was more to do there than we had time for but we did get to see a rafflesia at Gunung Gading N.P. also went to the Cat Museum and Matang Wildlife Center where we saw Orangutans. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

Search this Thread