Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Booked Hanoi Hotel Elegance Diamond...BIG Thanks to Fodorites!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I hadn't been reading the Asia forum (I'm much more active on the Europe board) in preparation for my Feb/March 2011 trip to Vietnam I probably would not have heard about the Hotel Elegance Diamond (formerly Hotel Elegance 5).

I want to thank all the Fodorites who have posted about this boutique hotel chain in Hanoi. Based on your information and the reviews on Trip Advisor I booked a room with them last night.

I'm going to be on a small group tour (don't bash me for making my first trip to Vietnam with a tour group!) that begins in Hanoi on March 1, but I wanted to arrive a day or so prior to the tour starting. I could have easily booked the hotel the tour group is staying at (the Movenpick, which seems to be a perfectly fine hotel), but I wanted to be located "in the middle of everything" for a a few days, and thought the Hotel Elegance group of hotels sounded right up my alley.

So I'm sending out a BIG THANK YOU to all the Fodorites who have shared information about their experiences with this hotel group, I can only hope my experience will be as wonderful as yours!
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 07:17 AM

Enjoy your stay there!
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 07:56 AM

I'll be there what looks like a few weeks after you -- I also found out about it on here (from dgunbug, in fact ---- thanks!!)
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 10:43 AM

have fun, even on a tour... haha
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 08:54 PM

I can second the chain of Hotel Elegance in Hanoi. I have travelled extensively around the world, both work and pleasure and HE2 is one of the best as far as service which was impeccable. Many of the five star hotels should send their staff here to train as they could certainly learn a few things.

They pay particular detail to the small things, cars to the airport, onward travel plans, providng umbrellas at the door when it looks like rain, walking you to your restaurant reservation when you are unable to find it etc. The list goes on and on...

The accom is nice, basic and extremely clean but the service is wonderful.
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 05:38 PM

Karen - I'm so pleased that you also enjoyed your stay at the Elegance chain. Can't wait to hear what the rest of you think of this wonderful hotel and exceptional staff.
Old Dec 25th, 2010, 11:19 PM

We were also booked at the Diamond last October but when I asked for a prebooked car to the airport they informed me that they had overbooked and there were no more rooms and all this at 12am when we had to leave for the airport at 3pm. It was because of the 100 year Hanoi anniversary but it wasn't very professional on their part.