Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Bon voyage emd (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/bon-voyage-emd-605761/)

ozgal Apr 6th, 2006 03:33 PM

Bon voyage emd

Hi emd, I think you and your daughter are leaving soon? (Hope I haven't missed you).

All the best for a great trip, and don't forget to post back here with new experiences!

lina219 Apr 6th, 2006 04:38 PM

emd,

hope you'll have a great trip! can't wait to read your trip report....

emd Apr 6th, 2006 04:56 PM

Thank you both! It is nice and humbling to be missed here before I've left. And in my case, before I have even packed. Just got back from a sushi dinner, now time to throw everything in the suitcase (upside: this way there is no agonizing over what looks good and what to take/not take). My daughter took 10 min. to pack everything in a 21" suitcase. I am following her example.

One thing I am doing is packing our 21" suitcases each inside of a slightly larger suitcase so I have room for the goods from Toji market on our last day, etc. (I learned that from my friend, Florence.)

I have a fresh notebook and will start the trip report on the plane. There has been some unwanted bs drama already between me and United Mileage Plus and ANA on the phone the last few days. (Breathe deeply and say "ommmm, ommmm, ommm".) I am ready to get on the plane and let go and enjoy my daughter's first trip to Japan with her.

Will try to write from the road if I find a computer w/internet.

Other Fodorites are embarking soon too. Have a wonderful trip mrwunrfl, kuransouke, moxie, and everyone else!

hawaiiantraveler Apr 6th, 2006 06:36 PM

aloha emd! I know you'll have a wonderful trip because that's the way you planned it. Wow you must be so excited about now! Safe journeys!
Aloha!

Guenmai Apr 6th, 2006 06:53 PM

Hawaiiantravelers- I was wondering what happened to you two. How did the trip go? Hoe did the FS turn out in Bangkok? Where did you eat besides Basil and face? Take care. Happy Travels!

Mara Apr 6th, 2006 07:38 PM

Enjoy, emd and DD - I just walked back into my apartment - I hope you will have a great trip as well....

emd Apr 6th, 2006 08:04 PM

Welcome home, Mara! I know you had a great time. I hope some of the buds were blooming for you. And I hope your "reentry" to life back at home goes ok.

emd Apr 6th, 2006 08:05 PM

and hawaii, I am taking my veggie daughter to the veggie place you went to in Kyoto. It has many great reviews on the web. Thanks for the tip.

mrwunrfl Apr 6th, 2006 09:52 PM

Have a great trip, Eileen! Nothing for you to do now except relax.

KimJapan Apr 6th, 2006 10:20 PM

Enjoy! If you feel like completely changing your itinerary, come to Kanazawa...the cherry blossoms juuuuuusssst today opened a bit. Should be lovely in a few days time if the weather holds.

moxie Apr 6th, 2006 11:38 PM

bon voyage emd -- have a wonderful trip!

jlaughs Apr 7th, 2006 01:06 AM

Eileen,

Well, being as it's 5a in DC, I think I might have missed you already, but hope you and your daughter have a wonderful trip. I'm looking forward to maybe getting together in May to hear about your trip and see all your trip pictures.

Take care,
Judy

hawaiiantraveler Apr 7th, 2006 09:20 AM

Guenmai:

Just saw your comment...read my trip report that i am trying to finish. click my name, it should come up..i love the
FS !!!!

Aloha!

kuranosuke Apr 7th, 2006 06:56 PM

emd, kinda late, but have a great trip with dd. i think you might have lucked out in tokyo, as i think the blossoms should be at their peak by now.

emd Apr 24th, 2006 12:32 PM

Hi all. We are back. No jet lag in either direction again! Saw lots of sakura in Kyoto (the philospoher's path was covered in them, overhanging all over the canal). Met up a a friend for Miyako Odori. Lots of moving around- 5 hotels/ryokans in different places. Great trip, lots of interesting new experiences for both my daughter and me. I'll start posting a report in next few days after I get return to work under control and get the 4 extremely stuffed suitcases unpacked (we left w/two full ones and two empty ones; thank god for luggage delivery service).

Kathie Apr 24th, 2006 01:06 PM

I look forward to your report!

hawaiiantraveler Apr 24th, 2006 02:11 PM

welcome home emd....ditto what Kathie said.
Aloha!

lina219 Apr 24th, 2006 04:54 PM

welcome back emd! it's lonely w/o your posts in this forum! ;). can't wait for your trip report...

Mara Apr 24th, 2006 06:19 PM

Back already! Omigosh, time flies when you're having fun!

jlaughs Apr 25th, 2006 12:08 AM

Hi Eileen, Welcome back! I read your posts on a couple of other subjects and realized you must be back. Sounds like you had a good time.

I'm definitely going to Japan (yeah!!), so I'm looking forward to seeing your pics and picking your brain the next time you're out here in SM.

Take care,
Judy