Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Bob, Kathie and the rest Asia expert, which airline should I contact to get the best Bus Class rates? (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/bob-kathie-and-the-rest-asia-expert-which-airline-should-i-contact-to-get-the-best-bus-class-rates-434471/)

clear Sep 15th, 2008 06:36 PM

Bob, Kathie and the rest Asia expert, which airline should I contact to get the best Bus Class rates?

Hello All,

So far I found Thai air to be the cheapest Business Class rates compare to SIN, Cathay and Japan. Should I contact the travel agent or good ahead and book with Thair Air to get the best rates for 2 adults? This is traveling in November 14 to December 2. Thank you!!

rhkkmk Sep 15th, 2008 06:37 PM

do it on line with thai....you will love them...

also look at ANA and japan plus eva and emerites....depends on where you fly from however...

filmwill Sep 15th, 2008 06:45 PM

Agree with Bob. If you are flying from the West Coast, Thai is your best bet--and definitely book online. You're not going to find a better rate through a travel agent than you will on their website.

Other carriers might be better if you're flying from the East Coast.

I am partial to EVA myself, just for the value and their Premium Economy product. But, in Business class, then you should really look at Thai or Singapore--depending on where you fly from and what your pocketbook can afford.

Good luck!

Kathie Sep 15th, 2008 07:09 PM

I'd book with Thai Air online, a travel agent won't have better rates. Grab the good fare while you can!

Guenmai Sep 16th, 2008 06:49 AM

You'd better hurry up and grab it on Thai. The last time I talked with them, not too long ago, I was told that fares were going up as if they aren't ridiculously high enough. Happy Travels!

clear Sep 16th, 2008 11:36 AM

Thank you again everyone. We are coming from Dallas so I have to get a flight from DFW to LAX to fly on Thai. So far Thai has the lowest airfare from LAX to BKK BUS class. I like to fly with American via Japan Airline to BKK. However, the cost for each BUS Class is over $8000 per person.

Kathie Sep 16th, 2008 12:06 PM

You can likely book your leg from DFW to LAX as part of your transpacific fare. United is a Thai partner, and they should put you in Frist class for the domestic leg.

scotts Sep 16th, 2008 05:19 PM

I booked a Northwest business class holiday fare LAX to BKK over Thanksgiving for $2700.

JamesA Sep 16th, 2008 06:51 PM

I posted in your other message but in case you don't see that:

Clear, one that has not been mentioned is Emirates - they have a daily non-stop from Houston (IAH) to Dubai from where you go onwards to Bangkok ( 3 a day Dubai to bangkok, takes about 5 hrs 45 so not long on that scetor ) , so from Houston to Bangkok just 2 sectors, I don't know how Emirates discount in the US but certainly in Asia they offer heavily discounted Business class plus good service.

Call Emirates in Houston and ask if they can suggest a consolidator or just check with T/agents in your area.

I pressume you could get from dalls to Houston quite easy

JamesA Sep 16th, 2008 06:56 PM

The layover in Dubai though off the IAH flight is long, about 8 hrs.

Singapore also have flights from Houston but that would be IAH-Moscow-SIN and then up to BKK

filmwill Sep 16th, 2008 08:29 PM

The difference between Northwest Business Class and Thai Business Class is basically like comparing a Westin hotel to a Motel 6.

Don't book Northwest if you don't have to. Their planes are dated and so is their Business Class.

rhkkmk Sep 24th, 2008 12:08 AM

eva from houston

Smeagol Sep 24th, 2008 12:32 AM

agree with Bob. Eva is a great option and usually cheaper than many other biz class seats (well this is certainly true of flights from LHR to BKK)

clear Sep 24th, 2008 10:55 AM

ALL; any thanks for your prompt advice. I have booked with AA via Japan Airline to BKK. That way we can fly directly from DFW. Appreciated.

clear Sep 24th, 2008 10:56 AM

I meant to say MANY THANKS to you all!

rhkkmk Sep 24th, 2008 11:12 AM

fabulous