BKK to Hua Hin

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 06:14 PM
Kathie

BKK to Hua Hin

I've read that there are flights from BKK to Hua Hin, but I've been unable to locate any such flights on the web. Has anyone taken this flight? is it on Bangkok Air or another airline.

What about hiring a carand driver to drive to Hua Hin. Anyone done that? prices?

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 04:02 AM
Ursula

Kathie: You drive from Bangkok to Hua Hin in about three hours. You would not safe much time if so by taking the plane.
Sorry, cannot help you with further information. We did it within our package.
Anyway, Hua Hin is a nice place to relax after touring in Thailand.
Enjoy!

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 05:50 AM
Luda

Maybe you should consider taking the train. I took an overnight one from Hualamgpung in Bkk - it was an aircon sleeper and was amazingly clean and comfortable and a relaxing way to get there.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 07:51 AM
Kathie

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be flying in from Siem Reap, then when I leave, I'll be flying to Singapore. So I was hoping a flight would materialize. While I'd thought about the train, all the transfers may get complicated. It may make the most sense to hire a car and driver.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 11:28 AM
Morgan

Bangkok Airays flight is 0830 from Bangkok, but if you are flying from Siem Riep if you take Bangkok Airways from there to Bangkok you would have to overnight in Bangkok. From Hua Hin there is a 1 hr flight to Koh Samui also with Bangkok Airways who 'also' then fly daily Koh Samui to Singapore. So maybe you can get an all in price.
Try www.bangkokair.com and then click on'schedules', flights begin 5th October.
If than morning schedule does not suite then taxis are around B 1,600 per car. From Bangkok Airport Thai Limo service is 2,000-2,500 per car (Mercedex/Volvo). Travel-Huahin have 2 mini van shuttles Bangkok Airport to Hua Hin B 690 per person each way (www.travel-huahin.com) we booked our Hua to Bangkok with them also our local tours and hotels.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Kathie

Morgan, Many thanks for the nicely detailed info. This will help me make a decision about how to get to Hua Hin and away.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 12:29 AM
harzer

Hi!

My friend and I took the third class train leaving BKK main station at arouns 12 noon and arriving HH at around 4pm. It was a bit spartan but gee it only cost around $3 each and you got to meet some of the locals and their livestock.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 03:28 AM
Arthur

Hi

I noticed that my hotel (the Sukhothai) has a listing to take one of their merceded limousines - with driver - to Hua Hin (one way) for about 110 US Dollars... Don't know if this is above your budget, but it seems like a nice way to go.. I am sure you could find a similar offer elsewhere in Bangkok..

Arthur

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 12:27 PM
Sarah

Thai Limo service ( Mercedes or Volvo ) is B 2,400 ( that's about US$ 54 ) so I reckon the Sukhotai was charging double the going rate! Re the train, yes, great fun, First class you get your own cabin with basin/wc, basic but very comfortable, around $15-20 per person I think.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 01:22 PM
Kathie

It looks like a car and driver will be the most convenient. I've used Thai Limo before, but not to go so far. And the price $55 is quite reasonable. I did check at www.travel-huahin.com, and they do airport transfers for about $47. So we'll likely do one of those.

Thanks, Arthur for the info on how much the Sukhothai charges. As Sarah observed, the hotels often do charge double.