BKK A few last minute questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Bangkok this Friday. So excited! Got so many ideas from your postings. I just have a few questions. Hope you all can help me out.

It is a long walk from Sala Daeng BTS to the JT main store?

About how long does it take to walk from Taksin pier to the State Tower? Going to check out the Sky Bar.

Any place for lunch near Wat Po?

What's your favorite main course at FS Biscontti?

Thank's in advance!

Old Mar 15th, 2005, 08:26 PM

can't remember how long but maybe 15 minutes...i take a taxi so i am not all sweaty....

from taskim the walk is maybe 5-8 minutes

wat po??

biscotti---it changes often...my wife has veal....i have had a fabulous lasagne...i sometimes have two appetisers...i had a fabulous soup the last time....my wife loves the crab appetiser...you will love them all....the menu is short but good....have both a main and appet....go very hungrary....
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 06:55 AM

In general, you'll prefer to take taxis rather than walk more than a few minutes. It is SO hot. Taxis are very cheap.

Wat Po (it's the temple of the reclining Buddha, Bob). I can't remember that I've ever eaten lunch in the area, but certainly there are places. Wander around a bit, check it out and report back to us if you find a hidden gem!
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 07:36 AM

"wat po????" in my parlance means i have no clue about food in that area....
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 03:41 PM
CFW

Good place for lunch near Wat Po - There is an S & P on the river not too far from Wat Po. S & P is a chain of coffee shop type restaurants with delicious Thai food. That is, the atmosphere is like an American coffee shop, and they have yummy ice cream desserts, but the food is totally Thai & actually better than some of the "fancy" restaurants we ate in. The people eating there were almost all Thai and the service was very pleasant. I don't know the address, but I'm sure if you ask at your hotel they can find it for you. Have a fabulous time in BKK!
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 05:10 PM

I too can vouch for the Thai food at S&P, it's real cheap ( for an a/c clean place )and tastes great, well prepared, we often pick up food from there and it's great because the also have good pastries, bread, cakes etc. Ideal place for a lunch break.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! We want to take advantage of the BTS to avoid traffic jam, but it sounds like it's better to be stuck in an a/c taxi rather than walking outside! It's been a couple years since we visited Bangkok, I've probably forgotten how hot it gets. Last time we had a guide even though we didn't request one, but this time we will be on our own. Thanks for the suggestions. We plan to go to Wat Arun, lunch at S&P, then to Wat Po. Really looking forward to this trip. I'll report back if I find anything interesting!
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 05:35 PM

wendsdays is 50% off all pastries day at most S&P's...

--this money saving ad brought too you buy your local cheep charlie..
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 05:36 PM

you can take a short walk too khao san rd and eat well..